Thread: Patoka 4-6-19

Banned

Patoka 4-6-19

Patoka update 4-6-19... well....it’s just brutal. Lol. Me and pops fished the Deer Creek Bass Trail up there today. Water is way up in the bushes. You can get under the bridge fine, but it better not come up much more. A little clear for my liking, but it looks like it should be a fish in every cast. I think if it had a little more stain, it would push more fish up shallow. Water temp was about 51-55 depending on time day and where you at. That’s on my Humminbirds, but That will put you in the ballpark.

34 boats. Took 12.9 something to win (3 fish). 3 other teams had 2 fish; and then some singles. I started off catching a 5.07lb about the 3rd cast of the morning on a spinnerbait. Thought it was gonna be my day. Caught 1 more short the rest of the day. Just tough. I did see two fish probably about 3lbs each catching some sun in the top of the bushes. Super spooky though. I think we’re about 2-3 weeks out from the fishing getting a whole bunch better.

That one fish got us 5th place and a check, so I was happy. Did all we could do. Very well run tournament by the way. Ralph at Perry Marine does a great job running it.

Fishers of men was also there. They had 16 boats and it took a little less than 3lbs to win. Only two fish weighed in out of those 16 boats is what the gentleman told me.

Moral of story is if you’re thinking about a trip there.....well I’d wait a few weeks. I’ll post more updates as I get up there..

2. Member
    Tom, thanks for the report. I'm down here now, but spent all day working around the lake house

3. Member
    We did good there today. Backs of certain creek arms produced. Lots of boats.

It'll be interesting to see the weights from the Hoosier Open going on today, got some friends down there that struggled bad in practice.

5. Member
    I was on it most of the day Friday, only had one and it took everything I had to get it......

6. Member
    HOT had a few guys get on them a little today. It took 15lb to win. But only 20 out of 70+ boats weighed fish.
    Guess it’s time for Monroe. Took 26lbs to win USA bassin mega bucks there today.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 201pro View Post
    HOT had a few guys get on them a little today. It took 15lb to win. But only 20 out of 70+ boats weighed fish.
    Guess it’s time for Monroe. Took 26lbs to win USA bassin mega bucks there today.
    Shew. 50 blanks for those guys. It’s damn though. 15 lbs is good weight for that lake right now though.. Any idea who won it??

Mark Dove and Shane Peters won it, 3 fish.