Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Pretty sure the one on the left is a modern knock off of the Big O, even possibly an unpainted lure blank purchased by a painter in bulk, and painted as a mimic of a Smithwick ( definitively not a true Smithwick eye). I believe the one on the right is a older repaint, in a more modern color, just cannot recall the name of the bait. PreachereEd help us out!! Van
    __________________________________________________ ______

Just an old hillbilly, barely two generations removed from barefoot.

The next time won't be the first time I've made the same mistake twice.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vanbucy View Post
    Pretty sure the one on the left is a modern knock off of the Big O, even possibly an unpainted lure blank purchased by a painter in bulk, and painted as a mimic of a Smithwick ( definitively not a true Smithwick eye). I believe the one on the right is a older repaint, in a more modern color, just cannot recall the name of the bait. PreachereEd help us out!! Van
    Yep, I agree on the first one

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vanbucy View Post
    LOL...not sure I can help out much. I have looked and listened to what everyone has had to say and not sure I have an answer. Van-if it was an unpainted blank, I have one with the eye painted the same way. So I don't think it was, but can't say for sure. My 1st thought was, that it is a Strike King but I am not familiar with their Big S lure. I looked at Cruiser's link to eBay and I will just say that I have seen a lot of misidentified lures on there and since there is not a box with it, I can't say for sure it is a SK. Heck...I've been known to misname 1 or 2 on there...lol! The reason I was thinking SK was, the way SK painted the eye on their Psycho baits. I know the eyes on them were indented, but given that many of the alphabet lure distributors used the same molds/manufacturers, shape, size, and eyes are not necessarily a give away of who sold them under their name. But the Psycho lures had that same pointed tear drop on their eyes. All I can say about it is, I am 99.9999999% sure it is NOT a Smithwick.

That other little lure has a lot of symptoms (to me) of a Cordell. But it is not a Deep Big O since it has no markings and doesn't have an integrated bill. But the eyes and the black dot near the tail has me stumped. Cordell has been known to make a crank or two that doesn't have a name, no markings, and were cheaply made to be sold at Wally World in the bargain bins. So, those are my thoughts but I'm as stumped as anyone

4. Member
    I have pic of Strike King Big S unfortunately I’m not smart enough to post the picture

5. Member
    Bait on the right is a Deep Baby Big O , 4500B is the correct size A BIG O AD B_crop.jpg

The bait on the right I believe is a Strike King . Will try and post an Ad ..Strike King ad.jpg
    Last edited by AlBasser; 05-01-2019 at 10:27 PM.
    In God WE Trust

6. Member
    Thanks AlBasser; though I think my Cordell is the 4400B size, a bit longer than the 4500B

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12