Thread: Latches

Latches

I’m a few weeks away from recarpeting my ‘01 TR20. I’m replacing all the broken Perko latches (ones with the d-loop pulls) with either the new style Southco compression style (that’s on the new bass boats) or the Anchor Style Perko. First, what’s your suggestion on deciding between the two? Second, where can they be purchased at a reasonable price? (Sure as hell not going to pay $50+ ea for Southco)

Thanks
    ’13 21 HP, 250 ProXS, 10” Atlas, twin Power Poles, 25p Croxtonized Tempest, 2 1/2 PTP, 1/2 tank fuel, driver, all gear, empty wells, 74.7 in 102 deg heat.

2. Member
    Basscat store is cheapest on southco but judging by your comment, you’re going to going with perkos

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaredn View Post
    Basscat store is cheapest on southco but judging by your comment, you’re going to going with perkos
    I’m still looking, but you are prolly correct! Just can’t swallow spending $500 on just latches..
    ’13 21 HP, 250 ProXS, 10” Atlas, twin Power Poles, 25p Croxtonized Tempest, 2 1/2 PTP, 1/2 tank fuel, driver, all gear, empty wells, 74.7 in 102 deg heat.

4. Member
    Buy once, cry once. They are all metal and will last forever. Got so tired of the plastic tabs on the perkos busting

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaredn View Post
    Buy once, cry once. They are all metal and will last forever. Got so tired of the plastic tabs on the perkos busting
    Are the tabs you are referring too, the piece where the “anchor” pull attaches and swivels?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clayc View Post
    I’m a few weeks away from recarpeting my ‘01 TR20. I’m replacing all the broken Perko latches (ones with the d-loop pulls) with either the new style Southco compression style (that’s on the new bass boats) or the Anchor Style Perko. First, what’s your suggestion on deciding between the two? Second, where can they be purchased at a reasonable price? (Sure as hell not going to pay $50+ ea for Southco)

Thanks
    Sent you a PM.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stein3411 View Post
    Sent you a PM.

Responded to it!