Latches (Perko or Southco)

I’m a few weeks away from recarpeting my rig. I’m replacing all the broken Perko latches (ones with the d-loop pulls) with either the new style Southco compression style (that’s on the new bass boats) or the Anchor Style Perko. First, what’s your suggestion on deciding between the two? Second, where can they be purchased at a reasonable price? (Sure as hell not going to pay $50+ ea for Southco)

Thanks
    ’13 21 HP, 250 ProXS, 10” Atlas, twin Power Poles, 25p Croxtonized Tempest, 2 1/2 PTP, 1/2 tank fuel, driver, all gear, empty wells, 74.7 in 102 deg heat.

2. Member
    FYI: I bought "T-H Marine ALC-1-DP Anchor Handle Locks" (black with chrome handles) from BoatStoreUSA.com for my 2002 Skeeter for $23 each. Not sure how that price compares to other places...but they are way better quality than my originals.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by McQuaig View Post
    FYI: I bought "T-H Marine ALC-1-DP Anchor Handle Locks" (black with chrome handles) from BoatStoreUSA.com for my 2002 Skeeter for $23 each. Not sure how that price compares to other places...but they are way better quality than my originals.
    I actually had to replace a latch with one of them when I was out of town and broke one! They are cheaper, but the “anchor handle” of the THM is smaller than the Perko. But, all aside,, if I can’t find the others at a decent price,, I may go with the THM!
    ’13 21 HP, 250 ProXS, 10” Atlas, twin Power Poles, 25p Croxtonized Tempest, 2 1/2 PTP, 1/2 tank fuel, driver, all gear, empty wells, 74.7 in 102 deg heat.

4. Member
    I replaced all mine to the Perko years ago. The latch part is pot metal and breaks really easy. No security at all. Will break just with use in rough weather. I posted a thread on here as well wanting something better. These look like what I will go to next rebuild. http://www.gemlux.com/
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottOz View Post
    I replaced all mine to the Perko years ago. The latch part is pot metal and breaks really easy. No security at all. Will break just with use in rough weather. I posted a thread on here as well wanting something better. These look like what I will go to next rebuild. http://www.gemlux.com/
    Those look solid,, but damn the price! $500-600 just to replace box locks is absurd!