Talon paint flaking off

Bought a used boat that had a 12 foot black talon already installed. One day loading up at the ramp I noticed at the bottom the black paint just peeling off in chunks. Looks like the paint didn’t adhear well to the aluminum. Any other people out there had the same thing happen.

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Very common known issue with the earlier model talons believe Johnson outdoors was covering it under warranty at one point. Bassman25 ( FTO Marine) could tell you better as we do not deal in Talons.

Kevin, you still haven't coated one yet?
    22 Triton TRX20 22 Pro XS 250
    16 Triton 1760sc 16 Merc 75hp

4. Member
    Since I wasn’t the original buyer of the talon and I have no idea when it was sold. I got a piece of vynal and wrapped the bottom where it was flaking. Turned out good and can’t tell unless you look for the seam.

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 96MrBass View Post
    Kevin, you still haven't coated one yet?
    nope, still waiting for a talon owner to send me one but there's only 1 for every hundred Power Pole owners so may be a long wait...

Quote Originally Posted by jcori3 View Post
    Since I wasn’t the original buyer of the talon and I have no idea when it was sold. I got a piece of vynal and wrapped the bottom where it was flaking. Turned out good and can’t tell unless you look for the seam.
    The serial number contains the date of manufacture. If the previous owner kept and gave you the receipts the date of the warranty starts the date of purchase. If no receipt the date of the warranty starts based on the manufacture date and that is in the serial number. I am not sure but I "think" electrical warranty is 3 years, mechanical warranty 5 years and spike warranty lifetime. I am not 100% sure about all I posted. I am going off what I recall reading.

7. BBC SPONSOR
    Gene is correct, I would say that if you contact minn Kota, they have been really good about replacing the housing of the Talons due to the paint chipping. I have had a couple customers have this issue with them and minn Kota took care of them no problem.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    nope, still waiting for a talon owner to send me one but there's only 1 for every hundred Power Pole owners so may be a long wait...
    I just can't bring myself to be the 1st for some reason lol.
    22 Triton TRX20 22 Pro XS 250
    16 Triton 1760sc 16 Merc 75hp

9. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 96MrBass View Post
    I just can't bring myself to be the 1st for some reason lol.
    you know you want to...