Running transducer cable to console

Vexxus, can you share for those that want to install their own electronics the best practice to run fish tape to the transom area to pull the the sonar cable back to the console. I'm sure it's similar for most boats I've done in the past. However, if there any surprise to run the tape down the gunnel walls please do share.

2. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    The way we would do it here is .
    1. remove the seats / center seat, remove the aluminum box the seats set on.
    2. route the transducer cable between the live well and starboard side rear storage box in to the bilge area
    3. then route the cable thru the starboard shift'er panel to the dash board.

you could also remove the starboard side shift'er panel and route the cable down the motor rigging tube if you want it to exit with the motor cables

Now -when i say shift'er panel, i don't mean the shifter control itself. i mean the whole fiberglass panel the shifter is mounted on. you will only need to move it a few inches top get behind it.
    Last edited by sclark; 04-08-2019 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    2. route the transducer cable between the live well and starboard side rear storage box in to the bilge area

you could also remove the starboard side shift'er panel and route the cable down the motor rigging tube if you want it to exit with the motor cables
    This is good to know thank you. I've removed the shifter on other boats before, seems like a good approach to me.

My purchase timeline clock may have moved up from August/September to June/July with some recent good news. However, I'm willing to wait to see what Evinrude does with their 115 and 135HP motors later this summer.

I have one glass boat in mind but coming to reality that Vexxus Tin is a great option. I will loose some speed but Vexxus has a bigger fishing deck. Really like what Vexxus is doing overall.
    Last edited by deepanchor; 04-08-2019 at 04:12 PM.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post

Now -when i say shift'er panel, i don't mean the shifter control itself. i mean the whole fiberglass panel the shifter is mounted on. you will only need to move it a few inches top get behind it.
    @sclark

Is the thru-hull thingymajig "standard"?

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=960040

5. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Anytime there is a factory installed rear transducer we will install this thru hull grommet (sealed on both sides).
    makes for much a cleaner installation.

6. Member
    Thanks for this information as I had to look it up last night while running a 2D sonar for my factory installed Helix. I lost bottom after 20MPH so added the Y splitter so I have SI outside and 2D inside.

However, I do have one gripe about this :) Is there anyway in the future to put an empty tube in the boat for running wires after the boat has been completed? That would have made this job much easier.

7. Member
    How can I get a replacement thru hull grommet?

8. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quackwhackpack View Post
    How can I get a replacement thru hull grommet?
    To order one contact your Dealer or call Vexus Boats Parts