Question Need help - Trim Tab issue

Hi Guys,
    Hope you can help. My '14 Sterling 22DC drivers side trim tab (which I had replaced only 6 months ago) seems to no longer be functioning. I captured a little video (https://photos.app.goo.gl/uyPX7KjkjkteiMhb7) My question is how to do you remove it to troubleshoot the issue? Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance,
    K.C.

2. Member
    Looks to me like the pivot bolt in the top came out or the 3 studs that hold it in place have came lose or broke. Check the 3 bolt studs at the top of the actuator tube in the back compartment of your boat to see if they're still in place. Also the wiring shouldn't let it drop down that far if the waterproof fitting was put back in place when it was replaced.

3. Member
    You called it. I figured out how to pull it out and the very flimsy stainless steel internally that holds the actuator was broken. I was able to reweld it and have ordered a new pair of actuators given this one was full of water because the power cable was pulled out.

4. Member
    They have new stainless trim tab mounting brackets on the Gambler website for sale. It's in the hardware section for 39.95 Just click on the Gambler banner on the sponsors page here on BBC to get there.