livescope troubles

I have a garmin livescope about 3months now and it has started acting up. When i go to livescope the screen will says transducer not connected and the gls10 will give the code three red flashes and repeat very few seconds. That code is for no connection to transducer. I have checked the wiring just past the 7.50 amp fuse and all is good. I can pull the fuse out and put it back in and sometimes that fixes the problem. I have had to tinker with the leads going to the battery before and that will get it working. It has got to the point it will not come up just turning the unit on but i can always manage to get it working. I has called garmin support and they think it is the transducer and will send me another but i don't think that is the problem. Has any one ran unto anything like this. It almost acts like a ground problem but not sure how to tell. Only the livescope is affected. I am sure voltage is getting to the gls 10, if it is the transducer why does it start working playing with the power leads going to the gls10. The transducer is mounted on a pole off the side of the boat. I may have to send it back but maybe someone can help. Yes i am questioning garmin support but they have a sheet with questions and after that they are little help. Thanks sorry for the length.

2. Member
    This would be general info for trouble shooting anything. From your description of problem it sounds like a loose connection. These can be caused by incomplete crimps on connectors. If you have a multimeter test voltage at plug. Shake wire bundle while doing so. If voltage goes in and out that would be the problem.

If unit does work properly at times this is almost always the answer. That being said. Intermittent electrical problems can be the toughest to solve. My relatives and friends usually resorted to bribery to cure their electronic ailments.
    Helix Mega 10 SI G2N , ILink
    Garmin 1040 XS / Garmin 1242 xsv with Panoptix Down VU PS 30 W/ GCV 10 networked with PS 31. Boat Rig

Echomap Ultra 106 SV with Livescope 12 . Ice Rig

3. Member
    I have been getting the same "transducer not connected " message and lost Panoptix on the 93 rebooting brings it back but it is ssonlost again , HELP

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigMH View Post
    I have been getting the same "transducer not connected " message and lost Panoptix on the 93 rebooting brings it back but it is ssonlost again , HELP
    Craig, sorry to hear that. Other than double checking every electrical connection, I would not have a guess. I have not had any problems to date but only been out a couple times.

5. Member
    check the voltage to the battery powering the livescope module, I used the voltage reading on the 93sv plus. I have a dedicated battery to power the module and the 93sv plus. I had an older battery and the voltage was dropping down to 10.6v. There was not enough juice to run both the 93sv plus and the module, the module was powering down but the 93sv plus was still up. I was seeing the transducer is not connected message then. Bought another battery and all good now.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SkippyJack View Post
    check the voltage to the battery powering the livescope module, I used the voltage reading on the 93sv plus. I have a dedicated battery to power the module and the 93sv plus. I had an older battery and the voltage was dropping down to 10.6v. There was not enough juice to run both the 93sv plus and the module, the module was powering down but the 93sv plus was still up. I was seeing the transducer is not connected message then. Bought another battery and all good now.
    Good info..

7. Member
    Brand new Battery 12.5 volts motor off , Livescope led goes red then blinks then green then red again , message comes transducer lost ,

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigMH View Post
    Brand new Battery 12.5 volts motor off , Livescope led goes red then blinks then green then red again , message comes transducer lost ,
    motor off? What motor is that?

Red blinking, then green, then red is an intermittent connection failure.
    Steady red blinking is a network cable/connection issue.
    Three blinks, pause, three blinks is the transducer cable connection.

I recommend cleaning all cable connectors as well as the connections on the unit with Caig Deoxit and then applying a thin coat of dielectric grease.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

9. Member
    Caig Deoxit Never heard of this product but I Googled it, wow, there are a lot of differnet products in their line up.

10. Member
    brand new wiring , 12.5 volts with charging system off , gonna try 10ga wire ,waiting for customer sport to give there opinion ,it should not be this difficult

11. Member
    Argus,

Second time out it fired right up and I was impressed.

But Then i too have been experiencing what you describe. It seems the “xdcr disconnected” error comes up after when unit is first energized. I reset twice on the water, restarted multiple times, lifted Tm out of the water and back in. One time it was like the gls10 never got power and indicating lamp was dead,

After it says disconnected, the source gls10 disappears and can not connect or find livescope. So then I tried the regular sonar, knowing I did not have any other xdcr connected. Same error. So then I hooked up the CV52 from other 93plus. The Panoptix lcon then appeared (???). Then I tried finding Livescope and could not. I then selected Panoptix and it gave an option to add it to home screen.

After that it worked flawlessly the rest of the day. My voltage never went below 12.1v. Working on the correct setting
    s for clarity of screen. i look forward to getting out third time to see how things work.

i spoke to Garmin support which was great. I am still of the opinion that the Gls10 is not getting powered up sequencing correctly with the 93sv and software logic should be reviewed.

Looking forward to next time out to see if having a CV52 connected gets the gls10 to turn on correctly and find xdcr.