USA 1995 175XRI EFI S/N 0G144944 Bleed system question

-owned since 12/18
    -VRO delete, premixed 50:2
    -Startron and Quickleen used in every tank
    -occasional hard start
    -Intermittent slightly rough idle (seems like intermittent miss) have videos I can send via FB messenger (best quality)
    -Smells very rich at idle. (been told its rich after showing a video of it idling too - I know, not good info)
    -Occasional "stuttering" on take off, then smooths out and screams
    -110-120psi on all 6 warmed up
    -Spark on all 6 (ouch, pliers weren't insulated well, will use timing light in future)
    -58-60mph GPS @5600rpm, (listed WOT) will go faster if trimmed up more but @ 6k+ rpm. I don't want to grenade it. Same year Pantera II with 23p 4b Trophy Plus
    -hole shot SUCKS when its "stuttering" 3ish seconds when not.
    -unknown when the injectors were last flowed/cleaned
    -have yet to inspect/clean the FPR screen, or get a FP reading (don't have a gauge)

I have the correct S/N range Service Manual and am capable.

The bleed line fittings from the 2 bottom cylinders are capped off. The description (fuel injection section) and imagery (Power head section 4A) in the service manual show bleed lines from the two bottom cylinders, to the bottom of the EFI manifold. However upon quick inspection I was unable to find fittings for the lines on the EFI manifold. Is there a Service Bulletin I'm unaware of that deleted these lines? Could the lack of these bleed lines be causing my issues? Any help is appreciated.
    Last edited by FlyinSooner; 04-05-2019 at 02:39 PM.
    1995 Bass Cat P2
    1995 Mercury 175XRi

It just take a second to take the ECM off, all those fittings will be in plain sight. Then you'll be able to tell whether your model has the check valves on the manifold or not.....

3. Member
    Just checked your post since you’re following mine. I have the same bleeder line capped off on #4 and maybe 3 too I just can’t remeber going from memory. These are on the side of the cylinder. Not the intake. From what I’ve read the bleeder lines main job is to keep the top shaft bearing lubed. So I’m wondering are these fittings there for added pressure? I wonder why they’re capped and thought it was odd also.

4. Member
    the bleed lines on your mtr do not go to cyl fittings all should be capped,the bleed system main purpose is to recirc puddled fuel at low rpms from reeds you need too test all sensors on mtr and do a complete set up of all linkages and timming/tps inspect reeds and bleed check valve operation, and fuel psi possible restricted regulator screen
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

If I'm not flyin tomorrow, I'm checking the FPR screen, and bleed shutoff. Dont want to open the case as it doesnt live in my garage. Thanks for clearing up the bleed confusion. The service manual shows lines from the 2 bottom cyls to the red case "if equipped".
    1995 Bass Cat P2
    1995 Mercury 175XRi

6. Member
    some of the early efi s had fittings on bottom of inj housing the did go to bottom cyls each side serv manuals covers wide groups
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................