Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Indeed, it sucks to be you.

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    You got to give props to the OP.....He stuck with it and to his word.....like said previously, most would have taken the money and walked away and left the issue to new owner to figure out......
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    OP is definitely a stand up guy! And to pay to have the lift pumps fixed to prevent any further issues when it was just bad fuel shows that the boat was most likely very well taken care of!

Props to you sir, I hope the buyer is out enjoying your old boat now!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bentfab1 View Post
    Well it looks like everything will be resolved here shortly. By talking to his mechanic today it appears we may have picked up some bad gas on the way to his lake "mechanic said lots of water in the fuel" I still suspect a bad diaphragm in a lift pump. I have him flushing the system and I still have him doing the lift pumps just to make me feel more confident.
    who is we,picked up bad gas you or him,you a stand up man but if he put the bad gas in it maybe he will pay you back

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buster502 View Post
    who is we,picked up bad gas you or him,you a stand up man but if he put the bad gas in it maybe he will pay you back
    I stopped at a gas station near the lake he wanted to run it at so we would be an I I guess. Doubtful there will be any paying back, at this point the guy thinks I sold him a broke down boat and I ruined his bed fishing season.

6. Member
    As of now the boat is still at his mechanics with the fuel tank cleaned and new lift pumps installed. Now he still claims it doesnt start and the vst pump is only has 9psi of fuel pressure. I'm not sure how likely this is with the watered down gas diagnosis, but it is what it is. I'd like this guy to get out on the water with his boat. It's an unfortunate situation that were in but I really hope the new vst pump that was ordered solves the problem.

7. Member
    If this boat is a red and white Champion, its up for sale on TFF.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Topwater 2 View Post
    If this boat is a red and white Champion, its up for sale on TFF.
    Yes it is. I'm somehow not surprised. I think he got a bad taste in his mouth with the whole thing not being a picture perfect deal. Someone will get a great boat that's ready to go. I wish him the best with his next boat. Hes a nice guy but I got the impression hes been burned in the past and felt this was the same thing.
    Last edited by Bentfab1; 04-15-2019 at 10:09 PM.

9. Member
    Bad luck, but it happens. Machines break down, parts go bad... I had a snowmobile motor rebuilt before a big trip and it seized up during the break in process. Missed my trip and had to pay again to have it rebuilt. The motor mechanic did all he could to help me out, just like you are going above and beyond to help fix a boat that you sold. In the end, I sold that sled, lost my azz on the whole deal, and bought a different one even though it probably would have been just fine to keep. Life happens and we all move on.

10. Member
    If I had the money that Champ would be in my garage, or on the water.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12