Fox River Lower river section near St. Charles

Hey guys, want to get updates on how the fox is looking over the next week or so. I will be arriving in one week, 4/13 and will be in town for a few days. I fished last year in June and it was a great time. Any updates on water conditions would be much appreciated!! Thank you!

Current is pretty high still, but it's coming down slowly. If we don't get any rain then it might be OK by the time you get here. Click the link below to track the flow rates and water level...this one is just north of St. Charles in South Elgin. The "mean" number is usually my cutoff...but I have been in it when it is a little quicker as long as the water level is reasonable in my kayak.

https://waterdata.usgs.gov/nwis/uv?site_no=05551000

3. Banned
    The Fox Waterway Agency is no longer dumping water willy nilly. As long as we don't get much rain during the next week you should be ok.

4. Member
    Thank you guys!! Going to be flying in, so supplies will be limited. Are there any tackle shops around St. Charles? Most of my travel will be using Uber and walking. Also, any places to rent a Yak around that area? I will be staying at the Q center, and have two full days to fish.

Quote Originally Posted by rmr0051 View Post
    Thank you guys!! Going to be flying in, so supplies will be limited. Are there any tackle shops around St. Charles? Most of my travel will be using Uber and walking. Also, any places to rent a Yak around that area? I will be staying at the Q center, and have two full days to fish.
    As far as tackle shops go...Lee's Global Tackle in Carol Stream is about 18 minutes from St. Charles. They have a wide variety of tackle and gear. The other is Bass Pro in Bolingbrook but that's 45 minutes away.

Give the guys over at Rocktown Adventures in Rockford a call about a kayak rental. They are actually closing their shop that is in Aurora...however they were still talking about running shuttles around that area.