Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

Lots of unanswered questions in that story. What was the medical condition, why couldn't the other person get him back in the boat, 3-4 feet deep and he couldn't just walk out? Feel bad for the old guy but this incomplete story doesn't make sense.

3. Member
    I know these 2 gentleman. there were brothers remind me of Grumpy old men. massive heart attack. he was dead before hitting the water.Brother couldn't get him in boat by himself. tied rope around his arm and pull him to the dock with the boat

4. Member
    I understand he was probably gone before going under, but this is why we have made my father wear an auto inflate jacket all the time now. Took a while to get him to agree, but at 83 years old you never know when something happens and they go over. Now he will just get eaten by an alligator as he bobs on top if he falls in. LOL.

5. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Sad story, prayers sent for those involved.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

Very sad

7. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 201pro View Post
    I understand he was probably gone before going under, but this is why we have made my father wear an auto inflate jacket all the time now. Took a while to get him to agree, but at 83 years old you never know when something happens and they go over. Now he will just get eaten by an alligator as he bobs on top if he falls in. LOL.
    Same here. My dad is 71. We bought them for both of us this year. Goal is to put it on when we take off and leave it on all day

10. Member
    We got my dad a Cabela's 4000 auto-inflate for Christmas in 2017. He doesn't like to wear it, but I am going to insist this year, if we get to go fishing, Good Lord willing. Only thing is, I have heard some reports of the auto-inflate style vests, and not any specific brand but in general, not working when the wearer is thrown out of the boat at speed. So I tried to make him wear a regular PFD III when moving and the auto-inflate when fishing. We may get him the Cabela's Class I, designed to keep your head face-up and out of the water, for Father's Day, and he can wear it when we're moving and the auto-inflate when fishing.

11. Member
    so sad....and preventable. Why would that dad have a 4 year old in a kayak without a PFD???

12. Member
    I wore an inflatable for a long time, thought it would save me. Fell in once and it didnt inflate. The bobbin failed to penetrate the CO2 canister. It was only 6 month old when it failed and the arming kit had never been replaced.
    Last edited by Gsmith223; 04-09-2019 at 03:50 PM.