Thread: East Fork Lake

East Fork Lake

Anybody have any general information on this lake? I've never been there before, thinking about checking it out soon. I heard it used to be good, but also read they had a fish kill several years back. Any info is appreciated.

2. Member
    It’s probably been 4 years since I’ve been there, but I would be glad to share any info.

3. Member
    Its a good lake. I only live about 30 miles from there and have fished it a lot over the last 10 years. Not the population of big fish like Newton but the largemouth are plentiful and this time of the year are fairly easy to catch. Let me know what other questions you may have...
    Wes Smith
    1999 Ranger 519 DVS
    2011 RAM 1500

4. Member
    The lake should be on fire by now. I fished a club tournament there Sunday April 7 and the water was 54-59 degrees depending on where you were at. Majority of the lake was 55-56. It was pretty slow that day other than a lot of little fish but I did win the tournament with 15.45 lbs. Big bass of the day was 5.05. It's a good lake and has a lot of 13-16 inch fish. The main problem with the lake is all the damn slimy green moss. Any time your bait comes in contact with the bottom your bait gets covered. It's almost impossible to fish a jig. Sunday I finally down sized to a 1/4 oz pegged Texas rig with a creature bait to keep out of the slimy crap and that worked great and I ended up catching all my keepers that way except for one which was my kicker that weighed 4.29 which I caught within 10 minutes after the tournament started with a chatter bait and then never got another bite on a chatterbait. If you go I'd say you'll have a good time and there's always the opportunity for a 6-8 lb giant on that lake.

5. Member
    It’s been a few years since I was on it. My brother lives about 30 min south of there. He fishes for fun. Throws soft plastic a lot. They do have a permit based on motor hp. You can get them at city hall or the little bait shop at the dam.

6. Member
    Thanks for all the info guys. Sounds like it may be worth a drive. If it has green moss on the bottom, should I assume it's got good water clarity?

7. Member
    Well with all the rain we've had it's gotten pretty stained but it was clearing up pretty good last weekend. Normally yes it is a clear water lake. I have caught bed fish sight fishing in 5-6 feet of water on the right day.

8. Member
    My son won a tournament there today had like 14.80 first time he and his partner had ever been on the lake

9. Member
    Thanks again for all the info. I ended up going last weekend with an old college buddy who grew up in Olney and we fished the open tournament. He had asked me to go, but I wasn't going to drive that far without hearing more about the lake, so thank you for the encouraging info. To top it off, my buddy has never really bass fished, I taught him how to throw a baitcaster on Friday. We fished friday and had a small limit, all on moving baits. I figured even he could snag one with a crankbait, I was right. Saturday was tougher, couldn't get anything going on moving baits and I knew we were in trouble. I started throwing a brush hog and he stuck with a moving bait. Luckily we came across a bank and I was able to catch the 2nd BB of tournament, a 5.1 and two other nice fish on that bank. We ended the day with 3 fish for 11.75. I'm still kinda sick over it, one more squeaker keeper and we woulda had 2nd and $1100 and we were only 3lbs out of first, $4200...congrats to your boy Got 5! It's a nice lake and I'll definitely be back. That green slime sure is a pita though!