Boatmate trailers!!!

I have a 2009 boatmate trailer that is in bad rust shape...can I get you all's opinions on the galvanized, painted boatmate trailers? Does the paint hold up or does it start pealing after a few years? I liked everything about the regular trailer, except that it rusted out...help!!!

Wondered the same thing. I have a 2008 BoatMate trailer and it’s in great shape except at the taillights there was a little rust that I took care of. But with a solid tube trailer, you never know when a hole is gonna eat through and surprise ya.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

3. Member
    I had an 09 galv/painted boatmate & now have a 16 galv/painted boatmate. Both held up great. The front cross member gets a lot of chips from rocks coming off the truck but its only down to the primer. Other than that they are great. Paint holds up fine on the rest of the trailer.

Man ive always had great luck with boatmates. Had em on master crafts, a bryant, allison and one bullet. Hate to hear they rusted mine were always tip top

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

5. Member
    Any trailer built with steel tubing is junk for boat use. Gal and Aluminum will hold up fine as will the old standard Channel iron. There are litterally thousands of 5 year old trailers out there that are rusted well beyond repair with the only thing left good on them being the sealed crossmembers.
    Here's a 2012 Boatmate that the only thing salvageable was 2 crossmembers, the hitch and axles!

20171230_092725.jpg
    20XDC Bullet/Modified Merc 260
    295TF Charger/Merc 225X-Sold
    20' Contender Pickle Fork/Merc EFI Bridgeport-Sold
    18' Stratus with Sommerford Tunnel Vee Hull/2.4 EFI Merc High Perf-Sold
    Freedom 240DLX Toon/Merc 115
    10' Cougar Cub/Merc 25 on the Bottle
    18" Homebuilt Tunnel/.021 OS Max Outboard on 50% Nitro with a Pipe

6. Member
    I just bought a new boat with a galvanized trailer with no paint. Everything thing I researched pointed staying away from the painted galvanized if you use it around salt/brackish water, Most folks I talked to that powder coated or painted all said it would peel due to some type of electrolysis etc. related to the salt water. Basically was told the same thing about jack plates. Evert pained jack plate that is older around me that is painted has peeled.

being down around brackish water id only be looking at mclain or ameritrail aluminums

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    being down around brackish water id only be looking at mclain or ameritrail aluminums
    Exactly. Any kind of brackish water I wouldn’t even think about a steel trailer.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

9. Member
    Rustomline yes, Boatmate no