Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thank you TMG !!

2. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Good cause guys....I don't get to go to the Special Olympics due to distance but at the Rally it's the talk......Seeing Jerry's posts and pics I'm proud to help where I can...

Thank you Mike
    I was lucky enough to get to know about the Special Olympics thanks to Sheree and Andy Wess the prior owners of lakeside.. I had heard of the SO but never knew how great of an organization it was until they talked about it and it peaked my interest to read more about it and was blown away .. 5 million competitors world wide and 100,000 compitions a year !!!

Many of us have fished bass fishing tourneys or done some sort of sport and know the feeling that makes us want to compete at something ... that feeling you have just before blast off .. hair standing up on the back of your neck .. goose bumps down your arm ... these kids want to feel that same feeling and the SO lets them feel that .. the rush of compition

It also teaches them that they can do great things if they train and try hard .. their motto hits me like a brick everytime I read it or say it
    “let me win, but if I can not win, let me be brave in the attempt”

A very good friend of mines brother is 54 years old and competed for years in the SO a long time ago ..My friend mentioned to him that I was collecting for the SO and he could not wait to show me his medals he had won and still had hanging in his bed room!! He brought them by the shop to show me ... to see him be so proud of those metals still after all these years is amazing to me ..

The money we raise has a such a long lasting effect

Can not thank you all enough for helping such a great cause .. you have all gone above and beyond once again. !!!

THANK YOU !!!

4. Member
    YOU GUYS ROCK!

My wife and I are heavily involved in our local program as coaches,volunteer coordinator and fund raising manager. Every penny helps.
    If you have never been to a Special Olympics competition or a practice I would urge anyone to go and see the joy and happiness that the athletes get from being out amongest friends and mentors and the thrill of competition.

Jon from Oregon

Quote Originally Posted by 1nutinthewater View Post
    YOU GUYS ROCK!

My wife and I are heavily involved in our local program as coaches,volunteer coordinator and fund raising manager. Every penny helps.
    If you have never been to a Special Olympics competition or a practice I would urge anyone to go and see the joy and happiness that the athletes get from being out amongest friends and mentors and the thrill of competition.

Jon from Oregon
    It’s truely awesome the time you and your wife give !!! I was amazed at the sheer numbers of coaches and volunteers that give time to the SO !!

The BBC and a lot of members have kicked some butt when it comes to giving to the Special Olympics!! ... blows my mind every year how deep people dig to give to give to such a great organization !!

Thank you JustBob !!!!!!!

Getting close to the end here and a big final push helps a lot !!!!

Thank you Bradbeav !!!

Thank you BobG !!!!

Thank you Pete and Diane !!!!

The BBC never fails to blow me away !! Thank you guys !!!

Thank you Jim and Elizabeth Marshall !!!

Thank you BP!!

13. Member
    Can't believe it's been 5 years since I posted these pics! http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....ecial+olympics

Quote Originally Posted by BP in ME View Post
    Can't believe it's been 5 years since I posted these pics! http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....ecial+olympics
    Certainly does not seem that long ago !! My brain works kind of odd at times .. but picture number 8 for what ever reason sticks in my head since you posted it .. every time I think of the Special Olympics his smile pops into my head .. not sure if it’s the smile or I can just feel how happy that little dude is in the picture

Thank you DennisC !!

Thank you Dean !!!

17. Member
    Ram1076 in for next one

As always blown away .. Macsquared .. $1000 bucks ... guy sure knows how to make my eyes leak a little !!

Thank you Greg and Sandra Vick !!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast