Thread: Harris Chain

Harris Chain

Hey all, I'm coming down from KY next week to fish the Harris Chain. I've fished Kissimmee for years but usually pre spawn. I have never been on Harris and I am assuming it is now post spawn. Can anyone clue me in as to where and what I might do to find a few bass? thanks in advance!

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magiksmallie View Post
    Hey all, I'm coming down from KY next week to fish the Harris Chain. I've fished Kissimmee for years but usually pre spawn. I have never been on Harris and I am assuming it is now post spawn. Can anyone clue me in as to where and what I might do to find a few bass? thanks in advance!
    It sucks right now don't waste your time
    2002 Tr-19 200 ox66

3. Member
    ^ This

4. Member
    Come on down, contribute to the economy and enjoy yourself. Fishing has been good but is subject to be slow at times due to weather conditions.

Definitely post spawn....Harris Chain has always been tough, one way or another....some days you find them...others you don't. They are definitely not as easy to catch as they were 2 years ago when you could fish the Kissimmee grass lines and easily put a nice limit of fish together.

Use your electronics....out of towners that have no history on the lake seem to do better nowadays.... All of the locals (including myself) like to fish where we have caught fish before....and they pretty much are not there...

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hez View Post
    Definitely post spawn....Harris Chain has always been tough, one way or another....some days you find them...others you don't. They are definitely not as easy to catch as they were 2 years ago when you could fish the Kissimmee grass lines and easily put a nice limit of fish together.

Use your electronics....out of towners that have no history on the lake seem to do better nowadays.... All of the locals (including myself) like to fish where we have caught fish before....and they pretty much are not there...
    Ain't that the truth. Had to totally adjust how I fish the chain. I remember the days when there was only Kissimmee grass. I would have to flippin sticks on the deck and that is it.
    Brad Krone

Quote Originally Posted by TritonBrad View Post
    Ain't that the truth. Had to totally adjust how I fish the chain.
    Yes sir...and that is probably the hardest thing to do...to forget everything you know about a body of water and start over....

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Dual 8' Power Poles

8. Member
    Hows the hydrilla situation on Harris?
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    Never stop believing and never stop chasing your dreams.
    Galatians 6:9

www.kgfishing.com

USCG Licensed and Insured Fishing Guide - Lake Murray and Clarks Hill

Quote Originally Posted by kgfishing View Post
    Hows the hydrilla situation on Harris?
    It is there....some places are thicker than others....I know on the west side of Harris near the 27 boat ramp...it is THICK...can't even get to that pad field. They are going to continue spraying.

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Dual 8' Power Poles

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hez View Post
    It is there....some places are thicker than others....I know on the west side of Harris near the 27 boat ramp...it is THICK...can't even get to that pad field. They are going to continue spraying.
    It wont last. That area of Harris has been scheduled to be sprayed. There is a map showing the areas they plan on spraying on the Harris Chain on a post below.
    Brad Krone