Thread: Cool Hubs

Cool Hubs

Buddy is tired of leaking oil,is the seals the same to switch over to grease and add bearing buddies?

2. Member
    Same seal. Did mine a couple of months ago. I've put a couple hundred miles on it since then, and all is well.

3. Member
    I just converted my Gold oil hubs over to grease. They were 12 years old and have worked fine but are not holding the oil and I hear they are somewhat problematic so I replaced the rear axle rotors brake calipers, seal wear rings and seals, bearings and races and installed bearing buddys. The front axle I replaced the seals only since every thing else looked fine. I haven't tested it yet but I don't think there will be a problem. I feel that the grease wheel hubs are more reliable and far less likely to leak than the oil hubs. Just my opinion after having grease hubs on many other trailers I have owned in the past plus they are easy to service.

4. Member
    same hub, bearings and seal. Only difference is the contents (grease), and the protector.

5. Member
    I'm doing the same thing this weekend and when I called ranger they said to look close at where the seal rides it could have grooves warn in it from the old seals. I got 2 from ranger and I think it cost me like $12
    2000 Ranger R93VS
    1999 Merc 200efi
    Humminbird 1198 & 1199
    Minn Kota Fortrex