Mercury Vessel View Mobile Install 2019 250 hp four stroke

Mercury's instructions say to look for yellow terminator plug but mine has an orange terminator plug. Does anyone know if they've changed colors or do I need to order another type of terminator plug.

Didn't get a chance to get serial number from motor yet but can add later if needed to answer my questions

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Please add (required when posting). The dark-red terminator (back of engine under electrical cover) is where you will connect. That terminator will be reinstalled as if it were yellow.

If you experience difficulties with dropping connection to your Smartphone or Tablet, it may be helpful to extend the connections out into the boat (better yet, make connections at the console via a Smartcraft Network).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Here's the motor info and pic of what I believe is the correct plug now. Its shows up red in the pic but is more of an orange. Hope this helps someone else out also.
    Engine Serial Number: 2B63998
    2. Year/Make/Model: 2019 Mercury Fourstroke
    3. Prop you are Running Fury 24P
    4. Current Maximum RPM: Have not run it yet
    5. Idle and WOT Water Pressure Readings: Have not run it yet
    6. Smartcraft or Analog Instruments? Analog

Plug.png

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

Serial number will work for most (non-performance related question) posts.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Any recommendations for the prop plugs for this motor? I have a plug kit but dealer did not install any. This is on a Nitro Z20.

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Try with all holes plugged (initially). Very little venting is required on 4-strokes (often none).
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 04-05-2019 at 10:19 AM.

7. mikesxpress
    Having run 3 different props on my 250 V8 I can say that the PVS system is irrelevant on these motors. Plug all the holes.

Just experienced the same thing with my 175 Pro XS. Called Mercury and they said that they switched from the yellow to the red and they need to update their directions.
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Nitro Z18 w/Dual Consoles
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.