Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Nobody rode in these yet?

Why has not one person mentioned that they rode in the boat and how it rode and why no weight is posted on the website?
    1990 481V
    2005 195VS Intracoastal (Redfish Edition)
    2015 119C
    Love my Ranger Boats

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2015Ranger View Post
    Why has not one person mentioned that they rode in the boat and how it rode and why no weight is posted on the website?
    I don't think anyone other then the people at Vexus as ridden in one yet. I think they are going to start rides in next few days. I don't know on the weight issue.

3. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    We had a line of demo riders at Lake of the Ozark two weeks ago .
    This weekend will be https://www.facebook.com/ClarkMarine...type=3&theater
    April 13th will be Malone's Marine On the Water Demo Day

as we get more event scheduled i will let you know

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    We had a line of demo riders at Lake of the Ozark two weeks ago .
    This weekend will be https://www.facebook.com/ClarkMarine...type=3&theater
    April 13th will be Malone's Marine On the Water Demo Day

as we get more event scheduled i will let you know

sorry my bad didn't know and hadn't seen any post about their experience so I was just guessing. Mr Clark when you get some demo rides on rough water if they don't mind have them come on here and post. I would love to hear about their rides in rough water.

5. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    i know the rides on Lake of the Ozark last weekend was rough and cold.
    i really am surprised no one has posted about it yet, was told they gave demo rides for 4 hours both Friday and Saturday.

why are there no weights listed on the boats on the website or in catalogs?

1996 Ranger R70 1998 Mercury 115
    Helix 7, SI/DI GPS
    Helix 5 SI/DI GPS
    Helix 5 GPS Sonar
    T-H Marine Hydro-wave 2
    Minn Kota Fortrex 80
    CMC Hydraulic Jack-plate

7. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    There was an unbelievable response to our new fiberglass VX20 when Ryan Patterson and I took it last weekend to Lake of the Ozarks for the OMTT tournament. We had the opportunity to give many people demo rides and answer a lot of questions. It was truly gratifying to see the reaction on their faces when they experienced this revolutionary boat in person.

If you didn’t get a chance to ride the VX20 at Lake of the Ozarks, you’ll have another opportunity this coming weekend. We will be fishing the Verne D. Cubbage Memorial Bass Tournament out of Pontiac Cove Marina in Pontiac, MO, this Saturday. Even though we build boats for a living, we love fishing out of them just as much, and we always enjoy a good derby on Saturday morning! When a tournament, such as this one, also benefits a worthy cause, it’s even better. I’ll be hanging around after weigh-in (3:30 pm) to answer any questions you have about our new line of fiberglass boats and give demo rides (weather permitting).

I hope to see you there!

Keith Daffron

56290939_860625424269819_44684526214971392_o.jpg

8. Member
    Whats the hull weight?

It must be a female your not supposed to ask how much they weigh.
    1990 481V
    2005 195VS Intracoastal (Redfish Edition)
    2015 119C
    Love my Ranger Boats

My boats, trucks, atvs and motorcycles have all been girls, and normally named something that I can't type here but I still know what they all weigh!
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan9 View Post
    Whats the hull weight?
    DANG !!
    LOL

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2015Ranger View Post
    It must be a female your not supposed to ask how much they weigh.
    OOPS MEANT THAT FOR THIS ONE .... DANG LOL

13. Member
    I took advantage of the Vexus Demo Day @ Wind River Marina on Tellico Lake, TN that was put on by Bunch Marine of Harriman, TN. Met more Vexus employees who were very accommodating and rode in the new fiberglass VX21 with 250HP Mercury Pro XS V8. It handled the choppy water like a dream from the many boats and houseboats that were out on a 75 degree Saturday afternoon . Very responsive engine (hole shot) and midrange power. One thing I didn’t expect is how easy it turns. Keith Tripp did some donuts in it and then back the other direction. Handled that better than any boat that size I have been in. Once people get in these boats they will sell themselves. Another aspect of the hull design that helps in the rough water is that the deep V hull transitions to a curved hull shape rather than a flat surface, so when the hull comes down you don’t get a loud slap like in other boats.

The Bunch Marine guys were also very helpful and took everyone out and let them drive if they wanted to. I drove the AVX2080 with the 200HP Mercury Pro XS, and it handles pretty much like my AVX1980. I could tell the extra 4” of length would be helpful on any of the TVA lakes or other big bodies of water. Thanks everyone for putting this on, and I know from the conversations on the dock they sold a few boats today.
    Last edited by Jimbug; 04-07-2019 at 08:03 PM.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    My boats, trucks, atvs and motorcycles have all been girls, and normally named something that I can't type here but I still know what they all weigh!
    Seems to be a secret for all their models. How hard can it be to weigh a boat?
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

15. Member
    Clark how come you never reply to people asking about the hull weight seems like a question that many people are asking. Considering you are giving demo rides And taking orders on boats I would have to imagine those numbers would be helpful.

16. Banned
    We need weight and how shallow it drafts.

And what kind of speeds?
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan9 View Post
    Clark how come you never reply to people asking about the hull weight seems like a question that many people are asking. Considering you are giving demo rides And taking orders on boats I would have to imagine those numbers would be helpful.
    A good guess might be that they have not finalized their production boat yet.

19. Member
    Guess we will never know haha

20. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Sorry guys, was fishing all weekend ..

Okay, here is the deal on hull weights and why i have purposely not got involved in those threads.
    We have only hand built a few prototype boats in our R&D facility so far, these are not production line built boats, therefore we never weighed these hulls since things may change by the time we get the production line up and running. What i can say is our Deck/Hull will typically be between 10% and 20% lighter than a comparable length conventionally built fiberglass boat.

Do i expect you to believe that statement? "No"
    but until we can get production up and running and get some "Real World" weights i don't feel comfortable throwing out numbers.

Thanks guys -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast