Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Why I cry, 'itch n' moan....

Actually I'm way past being P.O.'d. But I just thought I'd post a few screen captures of what I'm dealing with. I've got a lowrance e-mail tech trying to help that I haven't heard from since Monday. And I'm good with that too. It gotten to the point that it's clearly a case of "whatever"....

Be interesting to see if ProStaff1 can provide a solution!

Enjoy...

This was taken about 2 years ago and has pretty much been the best I've seen since I did this screen capture...

The rest of these are random from the last two weeks or so... After the latest updates.

2. Member
    That's bad ....wow .... if I was you change your color palette....get rid of the total recall color.....bugs your eyes out .....i think if I was you i would save waypoints to card and do reboot ....go back to default settings, disconnect everything and hook back up. Check all grounds. Can you tell us what equipment your using.

3. Member
    Trust me... I’ve tried every thing you’ve mentioned and much more.... HDS 9 Carbonx3, SS3D module, 3D Transducer, Airmar TM185HW, HST-WSBL

4. Member
    I would do what stratos3317 stated above... Do a hard rest... then I would unplug the ethernet going to your 3d box and get the 2d sonar going first, once you did that...Then plug back in your ethernet cord to your 3d box and redo your settings.

This will help isolated your problem either the unit or the 3d box or 3d transducer or maybe even a bad ethernet cord.
    Jason Gilstrap / Lowrance Pro Staff

5. Member
    I would be disconnecting everything and starting with simplest possible setup... 1 carbon, 1 ducer, swap in the next carbon ect. But I also wont assume you haven't already tried that either. Maybe even bring a spare battery with to isolate it from everything else on the boat.
    2011 Tracker PT 175 TF
    2011 Merc 60 ELPT 4S

6. Member
    Everything was working prior to last update. Testing has been restricted to a single HDS 9 Carbon, SS3D module, 3D transducer, HST-WSBL. At times a second Carbon was powered up to bring the TM185HW into play. These pics are over a span of two weeks or so. Some were captured on Toledo Bend and some on Conroe. I tried several different palettes and adjusted contrast +/- 60(in steps). The blocks visible in D/S and 2d image are no longer present.

7. Member
    It really looks like you have your 3D transducer mounted on or next to a jackplate without a splashplate. Is this correct?
    ciao,
    Marc

8. Member
    Based on the previous post it sounds like you have not gone for the simplest possible setup... 1 freshly hard reset Carbon with nothing connected but a power cord and the HST-WSBL, if that produces the same poor result swap in one of the other two Carbons again with a fresh hard reset. If you still have the same problem hook the power cord direct to a completely isolated battery. Again this is just what I would try to break it down to basics in hopes of getting to the bottom of it, as it sounds like you have done a lot of other troubleshooting from the several posts you have on this subject.
    2011 Tracker PT 175 TF
    2011 Merc 60 ELPT 4S

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Marcantonio View Post
    It really looks like you have your 3D transducer mounted on or next to a jackplate without a splashplate. Is this correct?
    you would be correct. Transducer saver shield mount on starboard side.

10. Member
    I have the same setup, but had Scap at Transducer Shield and Saver make a splash plate to cover the bottom opening of the jackplate. Your StructureScan signal is bouncing around inside the opening, and causing your lines near the surface, and creating a lot of your fuzz.
    ciao,
    Marc

11. Member
    I also agree you need to do a hard reset and start over with your settings. The problem I identified will fix some of your problem, but not all of it. You do have the same software version on each unit?

I would also check the lights on your 3D StructureScan box at night (in the dark) and make sure they are showing the box is operating properly. Ethernet cables should also be inspected (and try a fresh one over the deck) between your box and Carbon, to see if the image improves.
    Last edited by Marc Marcantonio; 04-03-2019 at 08:28 PM. Reason: add
    ciao,
    Marc

12. Member
    And do not import any settings after the hard reset.
    2011 Tracker PT 175 TF
    2011 Merc 60 ELPT 4S

13. Member
    I’ve had the tranducer in the same place since Gen2 Touch. The lines yes... transducer location. The fuzz/snow it wasn’t there when I first installed 3D Carbons. With the lss2 side scan/down scan looked like pictures out of magazine. Can’t cap the bottom of my jackplate. Got the TM185HW Airmar mounted there. I’m good with the lines it’s the total loss of use that I’m kinna taking exception to.

14. Member
    I’ve done multiple hard resets, never loading old settings. New Ethernet cables possibly but... I cleaned every port on all MFD’s, cleaned every port on the SS3D and cleaned every Ethernet cable end. I did all the cleaning with CRC electrical contact cleaner. After cleaning I applied CRC dielectric grease to cable ends and ports. Also, SS3D module seemed to load update across Ethernet without error. But I agree wouldn’t be a bad idea to try a new cable.

Lights on SS3D module indicate all is well.

just to be clear I’m only running one 9Carbon during testing.
    Last edited by yupitsme; 04-03-2019 at 08:46 PM.

15. Banned
    Any chance you’ve added a new battery, charger or changed the wiring in any way? I know you’re pointing towards the update, but I’m still curious about the other things.

16. Member
    All of the above suggestions are good -- but, I can't explain why OP's TM185 is looking like this on 2D.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Any chance you’ve added a new battery, charger or changed the wiring in any way? I know you’re pointing towards the update, but I’m still curious about the other things.
    There’s been no changes within the past year. Stealth 1 charger has been there since 2010. Cranking battery replaced ~1 year ago. Replaced hydraulic steering cylinder/helm in the last 60 days or so but all the electronics were working after that. I did have to mess with wiring under the console because the hydraulic hoses to the helm had to be rerouted. Buy again everything worked after that.

18. Member
    Honestly, I’m thinking it’s transducer or transducer location,
    Where is your HST-WSBL mounted. Or maybe post a pic of your transducer Setup?

id go one step further on the back to basics.
    Your carbon, a power cord, hard reset, and a new transducer, on a pole, over the gunwale of the boat, while you are standing still.

Honestly, your “good” screenshot from 2 years ago isn’t very good, compared to what I get on my Downscan.
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

19. Banned
    I changed batteries on my last boat and I don’t know what happened, but somehow I ended up with some electrical interference. It was odd, but very real.

Just trying to go over everything possible.

20. Member
    Like many others have said, I would rip everything apart and do it over. But before doing so, any chance you can try with another HDS?

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast