Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by acwd1950 View Post
    the other day i installed the carbon unit on my boat. i run a tm150 and a lss1 transducer on trolling motor. anyways i was setting it up i noticed there was big lines in the sidescan like the ones on your screen shot. it wasnt there before and i wonder why it was there. so i turned off the last thing i turned on which was fish reveal. then the lines went away. i also wasnt on the water just sitting in driveway so i dont know if thats gonna do that on the water or not. i hope not. the downscan had like blue dots all over the top half of the screen turn fish reveal off they went away. so i dont know. i am still worried about this purchase.
    WOW! Good find. Nah... Great find. I'll try doing that when I'm on the water next week. It's not that the black, whatever you want to call them, lines are a huge issues. The underlying question is "What else is getting impacted when FishReveal is enabled???"

2. Member
    the other day i installed the carbon unit on my boat. i run a tm150 and a lss1 transducer on trolling motor. anyways i was setting it up i noticed there was big lines in the sidescan like the ones on your screen shot. it wasnt there before and i wonder why it was there. so i turned off the last thing i turned on which was fish reveal. then the lines went away. i also wasnt on the water just sitting in driveway so i dont know if thats gonna do that on the water or not. i hope not. the downscan had like blue dots all over the top half of the screen turn fish reveal off they went away. so i dont know. i am still worried about this purchase.
    Interesting...yup, do you have time to post a screenshot of sidescan with fish reveal enabled and disabled? I'm stuck at work or I'd do it myself. I realize it will be while on the trailer.

There is a rumor that Ima put my 3d back in since Lowrance is sending me a New module. I do need the pervious soft ware for my gen 3 though

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

4. Member
    i am not saying thats your issue but makes me wonder. i am wondering if the airmar transducer and structure scan transducer are too close to each other or a glitch in the software. it was something i noticed while setting it up. i always get the issues no one else in the world has ever had lol. i also would try not even hooking up the airmar and see what happens. i had this same setup hooked to a gen3 and never had any issues.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jagsaw View Post
    Interesting...yup, do you have time to post a screenshot of sidescan with fish reveal enabled and disabled? I'm stuck at work or I'd do it myself. I realize it will be while on the trailer.
    I got the time.... I don't have the screen captures with fish reveal disabled.... I'm gonna check it out but it'll be a week ann'a'half before I'll be able to post those images.

6. Member
    i am not saying thats your issue but makes me wonder. i am wondering if the airmar transducer and structure scan transducer are too close to each other or a glitch in the software. it was something i noticed while setting it up. i always get the issues no one else in the world has ever had lol. i also would try not even hooking up the airmar and see what happens. i had this same setup hooked to a gen3 and never had any issues.
    Ahhhh Hummm.... if your luck is like my luck... Don't even get close to me. Cuz.... if yur luck and my luck combined.... The sun would explode and a meteorite the size of Jupiter would collide with the earth and I'd figure out how to catch bass on Toledo Bend!

7. Member
    FWIW... On the lake no way to post images. Will when I get back.

1.) As expected SS3D module had OEM software on it.
    2.) w/ 18.3 on Carbons, old software on module an 2-in-1 tranducer side scan was decent/good. Down scan was pathetic. Standing trees looked like ghosts- very hard to see. Picked up very little/none rocks on bottom.
    3.) Removed 2-in1 and installed 3D transducer this morning. Very hesitant to up grade module as I did have decent side scan.
    4.) 3D side scan satisfied me w/ old software on module. Down scan still sucked.
    5.) Figured WTH... Upgraded module. Had to reboot Carbons to locate source.
    6.) 3D SideScan is good. I like it -some may not.
    7.) Downscan is very good reminds me of days of old.
    8.) what I noticed. Using HST-WSBL set to 200kHz side/down scan images we’re very grainy. When I changed to tha TM185HW Airmar set to high Chirp - the images improved noticeably. Go figure

8. Member
    So, Yup, you are saying you replaced 3D module and Transducer, and now you have Good SideScan and good Down Scan using 3D, with all the latest software?
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJ3 View Post
    So, Yup, you are saying you replaced 3D module and Transducer, and now you have Good SideScan and good Down Scan using 3D, with all the latest software?
    That would be correct. Please note the shift to high Chirp on the Airmar 185. That “appeared” to remove the grainy looking side scan.

Also note that with the OEM module software everything, for whatever reason, was set to legacy mode. When I tried to change to multi-source I would get a pop- up message saying I could not run multi-source and the reason why was the 3D module would not let the system run that mode. That has caused havoc with 2D transducers between units. If I changed 2D source on one Carbon - it changed it on the other Carbons too.

i just now changed all Carbons to multi source. Have not had chance to determine what all is impacted by that change.

10. Member
    Well, I guess the only remaining questions are:

1. Was it the transducer or Module that was bad?
    2. WTH didn't LOW figure it out when you sent it in?
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yupitsme View Post
    That has caused havoc with 2D transducers between units. If I changed 2D source on one Carbon - it changed it on the other Carbons too.

i just now changed all Carbons to multi source. Have not had chance to determine what all is impacted by that change.
    I prefer to have all my units sources change to one transducer. This way only one 2D transducer can ping the water. Keeps from interference.
    I will put my console unit in standby when heading to the bow. I have just not found a use really for my fishing style to use multi-source.

Likley the reason Legacy was forced, was because of the software revision in the 3D box. Multisource for 3D was not supported until at least 18.2, maybe earlier.

12. Member
    yup, where y'at today?

13. Member
    On the lake. Only place I can get Verizon “EXCELLENT” coverage. With only iPad/cell phone posting is a lot of fun.

14. Member
    On the lake. Only place I can get Verizon “EXCELLENT” coverage. With only iPad/cell phone posting is a lot of fun.
    Well that sucks. There's a new software update that's been released. 19.1-62.1.114 You're missing out!

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jagsaw View Post
    Well that sucks. There's a new software update that's been released. 19.1-62.1.114 You're missing out!
    yeah.... wellll.... maybe not. Doing the same thing ov’a an ov’a again... when grow weary of setting here smashing my thumb with a hammer maybe I will just load the new stuff. I will say at this time both down scan and side scan are pretty impressive. Been out to 200’ with side scan in 20 fow and it’s good for me.

16. Member
    Glad to hear something is finally going right. Looking forward to screenshots and settings.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJ3 View Post
    Well, I guess the only remaining questions are:

1. Was it the transducer or Module that was bad?
    2. WTH didn't LOW figure it out when you sent it in?
    I believe he found his main problem when he pulled the old ethernet cables; can't imagine as bad as they were they could function.
    ciao,
    Marc

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Marcantonio View Post
    I believe he found his main problem when he pulled the old ethernet cables; can't imagine as bad as they were they could function.
    Marc... after installing all new style Ethernet cables everything (SS3D/3D transducer) was still broke. I did not get “healed” until I got the new SS3D Module / 3D transducer from Lowrance.

One thing about the 18.3-61.1.155... when adding data overlay to either down or side scan there are no “GPS” functions to choose from. Can’t add speed over ground. Work around is add 2nd panel w/chart. Then GPS options show. Add SOG data overlay then edit window and delete chart panel. I’m sure that this “bug” got fixed in the 19.1 release.
    Last edited by yupitsme; 06-01-2019 at 05:11 AM.

19. Member
    Marc... after installing all new style Ethernet cables everything (SS3D/3D transducer) was still broke. I did not get “healed” until I got the new SS3D Module / 3D transducer from Lowrance.

One thing about the 18.3-61.1.155... when adding data overlay to either down or side scan there are no “GPS” functions to choose from. Can’t add speed over ground. Work around is add 2nd panel w/chart. Then GPS options show. Add SOG data overlay then edit window and delete chart panel. I’m sure that this “bug” got fixed in the 19.1 release.
    Understood; maybe I should have clarified my thought that the bad cables caused the problems with the box they were connected to. Glad things are looking up for you!
    ciao,
    Marc

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Marcantonio View Post
    Understood; maybe I should have clarified my thought that the bad cables caused the problems with the box they were connected to. Glad things are looking up for you!
    Thanks!

Perhaps you’re right. I did have some ethernet “issues” with one Carbon but map sharing, updating and all other things ethernet seemed to function just fine. The sheathing was indeed split but I found no broken connections.

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast