Dale hollow/Cumberland

Thinking about taking my son this weekend wanted to know which would be better, never been on either lake. Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Member
    I seen a neighbor today loading up his ranger and stoped to talk to him. He said he was picking up a fried and headed to Dale Hollow tonight and fishing for smallmouth for what that's worth.

3. Member
    Ok thanks, he is surely fishing during the day tomorrow an not tonight?

4. Member
    Yes he said they fish 10 hours each day not sure how many days they will be there. Staying at Sunset Marina which I know nothing about.

Just got back from a two day trip to Dale last night. Tuesday we caught 7 keeper largemouth, and lost a 4 pounder at the boat. Flipping bushes on banks next to a channel. Couldn't find baitfish anywhere!!! From the main lake mouths of creeks--all the way to the back, just couldn't find the baitfish. Yesterday we caught three largemouth, only one keeper. Couldn't really put a pattern together and no smallies. Talked to several boats that we're having the same problem on Dale. One guy was fishing for smallmouth with big shiners, and had only caught one at 2 pm.

6. Member
    I was at Dale Hollow two weeks ago, I found the best fishing was up lake from Star Point towards Sunset. The water was dirty and considerably warmer than midlake and down. We caught a bunch of smallies in less than 10' on clay / gravel banks on a rigs, crankbaits, and swimbaits. I'm sure since it hasn't rained much since then, the water has cleared up some, and probably few moved them out a little deeper. We also caught a few good LM (4-6lbs) throwing c-rigs on the grass flats mid lake and down to the dam.

7. Member
    Thanks for the advise men

8. Member
    Caught 9 today at Dale Hollow, secondary points. Slow, but a decent day...

Last week Wed, Thur, and Fri, we averaged a 3 LBer every 30 minutes, SM & LM. This past Wed I would have sworn a 3 LB fish wasn't living in the lake.

10. Member
    Anyone fishing up towards Wolf River? Thinking of making the trek down there this upcoming weekend. Was hoping to find some largemouth in pockets and up towards the river.

A-rig/spinnerbait and you will find them. Start on the flats and front of pockets. SM was tough this weekend but LM was willing to bite.