Hummingbird 360 Power Question

My question for those that have installed a Hummingbird 360, what did you use for the power source? Did you run a direct wire from the battery or splice in to another power source? I powered my Hydrowave from the Helix unit but was told to put an on/off switch and fuse in for the 360. I haven't bought one yet but considering it, just want to get my plan together in case I do buy one. I have delayed buying one thinking they'll come out with newer version and I'm sure as soon as I do buy one they'll update it.

2. Member
    I personally ran an 8 gauge wire from my battery kill switch to my starboard rod locker that goes to a terminal block with bladed fuses. From that terminal block, each unit and accessory has it's own dedicated 10, 12, or 14 gauge power line and is fused protected. It's expensive, but nice to kill everything with just one switch and not worry about if your sonar system is not getting enough power.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

Thanks, I'm sure it'll be a pain to get the wires all the way from the back to the front but I might give it a try tomorrow. I was hoping I could tie in to something up front.

4. Member
    I just ran wire from my console to the front and tied into my main power switch. When I’m done fishing power is shut off to everything when I flip that switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Sbassin22 View Post
    I just ran wire from my console to the front and tied into my main power switch. When I’m done fishing power is shut off to everything when I flip that switch.
    What did you tie in to at the console? I tied my Hummingbird 5 port hub in to something behind the console, maybe I could use the same power source for the 360.

6. Banned
    Powered mine via the accessory switch at the front of the boat. Been like at for 5yrs and never a issue. Powering the 360 is not like a graph. It I just looking for a power source. But that is just me.
    Last edited by Phisherman; 04-05-2019 at 11:49 AM.

7. Member
    The way that Booter did it is how I would do it. If you wanted to, the block could go under the console. It is best to have the electronics on their own circuit, and avoid tapping into the boat's harness.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

Finished installing the 360 and just ran the power directly from the battery to the 360, added a cutoff switch and fuse. Fished with it last Friday for the first time. I have not permanently installed the heading/GPS sensor. I just velcroed it down and I’m looking at two different spots to mount it. One is on the port side, just left of the trolling motor in front of the cup holder. The other is on the right side of the trolling motor, at the very front of the boat (Eyra). Anyone had any interference issues at either of these two areas? I ran it at the very front of the bow for that be day and it seemed to work fine there.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C130 View Post
    Finished installing the 360 and just ran the power directly from the battery to the 360, added a cutoff switch and fuse. Fished with it last Friday for the first time. I have not permanently installed the heading/GPS sensor. I just velcroed it down and I’m looking at two different spots to mount it. One is on the port side, just left of the trolling motor in front of the cup holder. The other is on the right side of the trolling motor, at the very front of the boat (Eyra). Anyone had any interference issues at either of these two areas? I ran it at the very front of the bow for that be day and it seemed to work fine there.
    I will just say this antenna is typically mounted in front right of the trolling motor at bow. NOT left (port side) of trolling motor. Someone else may have better background specifically with an Eyra.

Quote Originally Posted by BassCatKev View Post
    I will just say this antenna is typically mounted in front right of the trolling motor at bow. NOT left (port side) of trolling motor. Someone else may have better background specifically with an Eyra.
    That’s where I’ve got it attached now via some high strength Velcro. It doesn’t move but wanted to make sure it worked fine there. The way I understand the new iPilot link update on the Ultrex is that I might not need the GPS/heading sensor that came with the 360. The new update allows you to use the Ultrex heading and GPS.