insurance scams getting hosed!!!!

throughout my 52 year travel i have had 3-4 insurance claims with boats, motors etc, i recently plowed over a NEW sandbar created by the floods we have had for the past few months, meaning 5-6 foot is now almost 6'' depth in spots here on Pickwick and i actually had it on my map card ran the same route for years, well i hit one two weeks ago, i actually seen it maybe 20 yards before and i was only running 25-30 just on plane about it and after i seen it i started on my jack plate raising just couldn't get it quick enough, sand tore my prop up pretty good and when i got to the ramp to put my motor tote on i noticed once my trim started kicking up maybe 50 percent i seen the motor actually tilt rock back and forth, i said oh no.oh i have a 250 pro xs 2013 model. anyways dropped it off mechanic think it broke the inner shaft coming from top under block to foot, called my insurance adjuster came out looked at it mechanic said he was upside down inside my boat taking water reading sticking neddles in the fiber glass etc etc was there for thirty minutes and never looked at the foot., boat set there for a week i called the mechanic he said he was waiting on the insurance to ok tear down, i said wtf... a whole week so i called they said i would have to approve tear down and if any parts deemed wear and tear that caused the failure i would be responsible for the entire bill prop foot shaft everything... they have came along way from years ago "10 years" when i had about the same issue and they told me to carry and get it fixed will will cover it, now they have engineers specking bearing seals etc etc its all good to pay the premiums until you need help!! mechanic told me i have seen this a hundred times i am about 75% that they wont cover your claim....you can find out of speck or wear and tea on any used parts especailly one that never been touched like mine.... any ideas or circumstances you have dealt with that might help me?

2. Member
    Any update?

3. Member
    AND when you have a claim Progressive is going to raise your premiums!
    Bill Perry
    Zwolle, LA (Toledo Bend)
    bpicinc_2000@yahoo.com
    2001 ZX-250 VMAX 225. HDS-9 Carbon, HDS-7Carbon, 3D Sonar, HB 998c hd si, Active Target, MG Tour Pro 36v, 12" Slide Master
    USN, USS Newport News CA-148