CHECK YOUR SKEETER TRAILERS!

I have a 2015 Skeeter trailer made by EZ LOADER. I couldn't get the brakes too bleed so after looking around I figured it out. The main brake line running down the starboard side of the trailer runs through metal rings. These rings are supposed to have rubber grommets installed to protect the brake line from chaffing through. Well guess who's trailer left the factory without the grommets installed.....So my brake line chaffed though in several spots where it made contact with the metal rings. So I would check and make sure your brake line is properly secured and the grommets where used.

2. Member
    I have a 2016 Skeeter trailer made by Ez Loader...thanks bgibson I take a look!

scary!
    Fart proudly. Author, Benjamin Franklin.

1998 SKEETER ZX 202-C
    150 V-Max TRP
    MinnKota Ultrex-112. All paid with cash of course!

4. Member
    Had 2 newer boats and after about 6 yrs that line is the one that rubs always rubs thru. It just sets in the frame and bounces around. no really good way to secure it on a tube frame

5. Member
    This is not a tube trailer. But I get your point.

6. Member
    Mine just has the metal rings, no rubber grommets. What are you suppose to do? You can't put anything in the rings unless you pull the brake lines out,and what would you put in the rings anyway?

7. Member
    Just a suggestion: Cut some 1 or 2 inch pieces of small rubber or plastic hose, slice them and slide over brake line and into rings to isolate the brake line.

8. Member
    I went and bought grommets and sliced them open on one side. Apply a little windex for lubricant and use a screwdriver to work them into the ring. Took a little time but came out perfect

9. Member
    In a couple spots the brake line goes through the trailer supports i got some 3/16" fuel line cut small pieces and a slit down the middle so i could insert brake line. I put wire ties on both ends of the fuel line so it wouldnt slide.

10. Member
    Mine wouldn't bleed either, found out that the brake line that ran inside that box rail had a hole in it. Cut the end off pulled it through and fished a new one through, then just flared as needed. Wasnt too bad.

11. Member
    I cut 2" pieces of rubber hose and put glue on the tubing and some in the split hose and slid them on. Seems to be pretty easy but a little messy on the fingers.

12. Member
    shame on the manufacturer....ridiculous to have to go through this for the cost of the initial investment...why do we put up with this "sht"?