Thread: Help on Chick

Help on Chick

I’m heading to Chick Thursday-Saturday. Never been there before. I’m staying at Island Cove Marina in Harrison. Any help or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Jason

2. Member
    Be careful. Water is low. Lot of rock bottom and bars just barely under water. Bite has been slow for me, so not much to offer in that regard.

3. Member
    I was there last Sunday-Tuesday of last week and was my worst trip to Chick. We only caught 8 fish in three days. Water was super low. Once it starts to come back up should turn back on.
    2004 Stratos 285 Pro XL 150 Johnson

4. Member
    Stay between the buoys, pay attention to your maps, be prepared to be fished on top of, and don't be surprised if you don't catch anything.

Went from 170k plus flow to next to nothing in a couple weeks. When they started pulling back flow the bite died. Just look at the Costa results

5. Member
    Ditto to Wackyjig.
    I went yesterday afternoon for a few hours. Nice day, no fish and lots of fishing traffic!

BPT guys are out practicing and the event starts next week. Will be a busy weekend on the lake. Check your pm box.

Quote Originally Posted by Wackyjig View Post
    Stay between the buoys, pay attention to your maps, be prepared to be fished on top of, and don't be surprised if you don't catch anything.

Went from 170k plus flow to next to nothing in a couple weeks. When they started pulling back flow the bite died. Just look at the Costa results

Everything he said is spot on. Spent the week there last week....fluctuating water levels made the bite really tough.

Keep an eye on the water levels with the TVA app and this site: http://www.chickamaugalake.info/Level/

A couple of days we zeroed...with 4 people on 2 boats....but we did get into them pretty good a couple of days too....all the locals say the bite is super tough right now...hit or miss anywhere you go.

Good luck! It's beautiful up there.

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

8. Member
    shallow shallow shallow, wave of fish are on bed why bite is tough, 1/4 ounce trap or drag some sort of creature bait around spawning flats, Fish are in the dirt

9. Member
    I was there the 1st to the 3rd. Caught around 15 every day. Nothing over4.5. Mostly on a trap and Squarebill. Water is coming up should get better.

Thanks for the info guys. Lake is fishing tough for sure. We had a group of 14 (7 boats) there for three days and had a different tournament set up. We could weigh 3 bass per day. Best 3 win over the three days. Big fish was day 1, one of the guys caught a 12 pound 12 ounce monster. 2nd big fish was day two at 7 pounds 14 ounces. I had third big fish on day three at 6 pounds 6 ounces. I ended up 2nd place with 3 fish at 14 pounds 15 ounces on day three. 1st place was 3 fish 15 pounds 8 ounces on day 2 with the 7-14. Guy with 12-12 only caught one other fish. Fish are on the move and saw plenty of fish making beds but very spooky. Wouldn’t bite anything yet, but will be on bed tight soon.

Got better every day for me. Thursday I had 3 for 7 pounds 9 ounces, Friday 3 for 11 pounds 6 ounces. And Saturday 3 for 14 pounds 15 ounces. Should get really fun in the next week especially with the water coming up.