Praying 10 year warrenty evinrude question

For the guys that have purchased a g2 evinrude with a ten year warranty does evinrude mail it to you and does it have the full ten years till expiry date or is it 5 years and then another one with the next 5 years of B.E.S.T tyring to find out if the dealer is giving me the correct info so I guess what I am asking when the dealer registered your g2 did you get the full 10 on the warranty card . having trouble understanding the warranty and evinrude keeps telling me to talk to dealer they seem to like the dealer to handle everything

Thanks in advance for any info you guys can assist with .

2. Member
    I got a card from Evinrude that showed 10yrs of warranty. I think the dealer had to send in a voucher to get the warranty extension.

3. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    I got 3 years full warranty and 7 years B.E.S.T. For the final 7 years, the same things are covered, with a $50 deductible per incident. The dealer filed everything, and no warranty card or paperwork is required for me to get warranty service at any Evinrude dealer wherever I may be.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

4. Member
    Do you have anything from Evinrude that day how long your warranty is good to . You said no warranty card so how can you

5. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    They will run your serial number if no card is available.

6. Member
    I am repowering with a new G2. I have paid for the motor and the dealer is in the process of installing it. Now the dealer is telling me that to get the full warranty I have to pay one dollar per horsepower. Has anyone heard of this?

7. Member
    That is the fee Evinrude charges the dealer to participate in the promotion which most dealers include in the purchase price of the engine.

8. Member
    Ok. Thanks.

9. Member
    Hate to resurrect this thread but I finally got around to taking a pic of the stuff Evinrude sent me. This was straight from Evinrude. It does say that it’s a BEST warranty after the factory warranty runs out but it did include a card that has an end date 10 years after the motor went into service. I trust my dealer but it was nice to get this letter from Evinrude.

6ADD47BE-5AB1-4755-B297-212D61745EEE.png50BBEF4F-D148-4F07-BA86-81BC0D028DDE.png

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Plumgud View Post
    I am repowering with a new G2. I have paid for the motor and the dealer is in the process of installing it. Now the dealer is telling me that to get the full warranty I have to pay one dollar per horsepower. Has anyone heard of this?
    What dealer are you working with? I may have a repower in my future and looking for a good LA based dealer.

11. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorJJ View Post
    Hate to resurrect this thread but I finally got around to taking a pic of the stuff Evinrude sent me. This was straight from Evinrude. It does say that it’s a BEST warranty after the factory warranty runs out but it did include a card that has an end date 10 years after the motor went into service. I trust my dealer but it was nice to get this letter from Evinrude.

6ADD47BE-5AB1-4755-B297-212D61745EEE.png50BBEF4F-D148-4F07-BA86-81BC0D028DDE.png
    That is what I have as well....
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...