Thread: 1157c gps

1157c gps

Friend without computer has new to him a 1157c.&nbsp; The unit indicates&nbsp;no antenna connect but it clearly is.&nbsp; Any thoughts?<br type="_moz">

2. Member
    What model is the external GPS? If it worked before and then stopped verify good voltage from battery. Lower voltage can cause GPS problems. If he just added a new one, possibly a software problem and compatibility.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

3. Member
    Thank you for you reply. I looked aat the unit and it has a menu of a unit without maps or nav. The simulator shows a full complement of apps. My friend bought this used boat that belonged to a fella that died so he has no one to talk to about the unit . I will download the current software if there is a chance that will help. If Hummingbird no longer supports this unit where can he get someone to work on the softwarfe issue?

4. Member
    At the suggestion of a sharp young HB lady I tried a different puck ad low and beholden I now have a full menu However This unit has the same problems I had on my 997 and 999. It wont read the map chips.

Question, HB no longer supports this unit. who works on them. ???

If you have three units that don't read map cards, I would guess you have a map card issue. What map cards do you have?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    This unit has a navonics card. I guess I could try one of my Lakemaster chips but I don't think that is the problem. The map option go to auto and you no longer have the op[tion to select your map source.
    On my 99 I put a small piece of foam under the cap and it kept the card inserted. That was not the case with m 997 It would not recognize that a chip was inserted. This seams to be what is happening with this 11`5. My question is anyone work on this units????

7. Member
    We had two outfits that worked on marine electronics in the golden triangle but I cant seem to find either one of them. Anyone know who works on marine electronics after HB no longer supports the unitg