Getting my Helix SI 10 Mega dialed in

I've been fighting getting my Helix 10 SI Mega unit to play nice with my Helix 12 DI Mega unit with the lowQ transducer. No matter what I've done I ended up with bad crosstalk interference between the 2 units. Both are at my console and both transducers are on the transom. I really like the lowQ images but wanted to see how good I could dial in my SI/DI/2d transducer when I turned the lowQ transducer off. Here are some screenshots that I took. I'm pretty happy with the results. The lowQ transducer will be unplugged for now and the units will share images from one transducer. The last 2 shots are from the lowQ, yes they are a little better but not worth fighting the interference.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member

3. Banned
    Man I wish! I have some reading to do. Looks awesome!

4. Member
    Thanks, I think the most important thing is time on the water. Pick a color pallet that looks best to your eyes. Start idling around some long points in your lake in the 18 to 30 fow, you are sure to see some good stuff, rocks and brush and hopefully fish. Then just move your cursor to freeze the frame, press the menu button and on 2d start to adjust your sensitivity up or down and then your contrast as well until the picture looks the way you like it. On the DI screen pretty much the same once you get into enhance DI. Now for me I manually adjust my depth a few feet deeper than where I'm searching, I also adjust 5 feet off the surface. I'm trying to make the objects I'm looking for as big as possible to see more detail. Once I adjust my units I pretty much leave the setting alone until water conditions change. Again, nothing beats time on the water.

Looks great

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Royt View Post
    I also adjust 5 feet off the surface.

Holy crappie.

Can you explain this to me?

7. Member
    When you are in either a 2d or DI view if you press the menu button once it will give you several different options, one of these is to be able to adjust your depth reading starting from the top. Once the water has gotten warm like it has here, 80 degrees plus, I know that I will always be fishing deeper than 5 feet so there is no need for me to view the water that is 5 feet or less in depth. Now when the water cools down again in the fall I will reduce this to 3 feet. It just helps your images appear larger just like adjusting the bottom depth a few feet deeper than the bottom depth you plan to fish.

Very nice shots.

9. Member
    Great pictures and thanks for the info

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Royt View Post
    When you are in either a 2d or DI view if you press the menu button once it will give you several different options, one of these is to be able to adjust your depth reading starting from the top. Once the water has gotten warm like it has here, 80 degrees plus, I know that I will always be fishing deeper than 5 feet so there is no need for me to view the water that is 5 feet or less in depth. Now when the water cools down again in the fall I will reduce this to 3 feet. It just helps your images appear larger just like adjusting the bottom depth a few feet deeper than the bottom depth you plan to fish.
    very interesting. I assume it still provides a true depth number?

11. Member
    Yes it does. Try it, you'll like it!

12. Member
    Will do.

13. Member
    Very nice
    Now is that DI and 2D on the 10” or 12”

14. Member
    The first 4 shots were from my Helix 10 G2N. The last 2 shots are from my Helix 12 DI unit with the lowQ 2d transducer for comparison. Now that I've linked my 2 units back together and disconnected the lowQ/DI transducer all images on both units are from my SI/DI/2d transducer that came with my Helix Mega 10 unit. I really like sharing the SI image on my 12 inch unit and usually use the 10 inch unit for 2d/DI and mapping when running down the lake.