Prop selection on 400b

Hey guys.. i have a 98 400b javelin with a 225 vemon on it with a 6 inch collons jack plate. I am wonder what the best setup would be for me. I have tried several props three and four blade but cant seem to find that happy medium. My jackplate is just about set all the way down that seems to be the best for witch my top end speeds is. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Tight lines

2. Member
    You want your prop shaft around 3 - 3.5” below pad. Need to know what kind of Rpm you can turn at that height.
    Prolly gonna be 25” prop. But need to know what you can do with the prop you have now.

3. Member
    I am can run up to 6200 if not alittle more. I have just never oushed it that hrd. I am running a raker 25 3 blade.

your hull is the same as mine and I've had mine since new in 2000.
    1. Ditch the OMC prop.
    2. get a 25 Troph (new) with a Michigan wheel #200 hub kit.
    3. set your ptp at about 3.25'' and run it.
    Report back with your max rpms, speed at max rpms and water pressure at max rpms. If it starts to walk on you in the mid to high 60s then good. Read about chine walk and how to drive out of it.
    Tip. Our hulls like weight in the azz so runa full tank of gas and put stuff in the rear compartments.
    I'll be looking for your reply as I'm here to help.
    PS, if you can still run more than 6000 rpms you need a 26P Trophy.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

5. Member
    Thank you sir as soon as im able to get my hands on one i will do so i have a 27 tempest that I got yesterday and was going to give it a try also. Which are you talking about three blde or four blade.

A Trophy is a 4 blade Merc prop, our hulls perform best with a big wheel 4 blade like the Trophy. Tempest has a bit more speed (1-2) but overall performance is with the Trophy.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

7. Member
    Ran the 27 tempest today just to see what would happen at 3.25 below pad at 5700 i am running 74.5 gps speed on garmin graph. Lost alittle on the hole shot but overall im impressed with the performance of the setup.

Thats awesome, You can adjust the PVS plugs to get a better hole shot. I think you would be best in a 26P Trophy because once it gets hot out you may have a much harder time with that Tempest.