Ranger to Triton

Thinking about buying a Triton, I currently have a 2012 rany521. Love my layout of the boat but just not a very good ride and I’m looking for a smoother ride! Looking for pros and cons?

The 21TRX is a great riding hull, easy to drive as well.

3. Member
    My 20 TRX I love smooth and dry .

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

4. Member
    I have a 20 trx. I’ve been borrowing a 2016 521C from my dealer while they’re workin on my boat. Here’s my take...
    Ride goes to triton. It’s a much softer, drier ride.
    Storage...well I really like the starboard front storage.
    Trollin motor down...nod goes to ranger. Wind and waves have less effect on the ranger and it’s a lot more stable.
    Seating...depends on whether u like to sit down in the boat or sit up high. Triton is like driving a Camaro as to the ranger being a truck.
    I would be pleased owning either one, but if the ride is the biggest determining factor, u will love the triton.

5. Member
    Am blessed to own a 2013 520c and a 2019 21trx. I’ve owned the 520c since 2013 and love the boat, but the 21trx is my fravorite. Love the layout of the 21trx and the amount of rods, tackle and gear I can carry. Love the feel of the 21trx with the trolling motor down. Fit and finish goes to ranger but triton has it everywhere esle. I would buy another 21trx tomorrow. I’ve been a ranger guy for the last 15yrs but the TRX is one badass fishing machine.

6. Banned
    I had a 2010 Ranger 188vx and a 2014 Ranger z518c and now have a 2017 Triton 20 trx pat. I wanted a 20 foot boat. For the price and want came on the boat, you couldn't beat it. Ranger's do fish a little better with the trolling motor down and they are like fishing from a dock. They don't move! This Triton fishes good and its pretty stable. The ride is better and is softer in the Triton. I like the storage better in the Triton. Ranger has a better trailer but I like the Triton livewells better. The Triton's coming out of the midway plant have really stepped up the fit and finish. I liked my Ranger a lot but like my Triton also. I like the look of the Triton better.

The 19, 20, 21 TRX are fine boats for the money.

7. Member
    I went from a Ranger R70 to a Triton Tr186 and absolutly love the Triton!

8. Member
    I think you will like the Triton. Mine is a 2008 Triton TR-186 bass boat with a Mercury Optimax 150 hp. I know it is older but still performs flawlessly.

9. Member
    You may also look at the Triton 21TRXS, it is the best ride industry.