Lipless crankbait strikes again

Been out twice now so far to start the season. First trip was a skunk, but we had a lot better luck for the second trip out! Went to a very small and very shallow pond down in Mass, south of Boston about a week and a half ago. Water was still pretty cold at about 43 degrees to start the day. Got off to a good start with each of us catching one in the first 10 minutes, then nothing for several hours before I found two more again. Caught all of mine on the Strike King 2-tap tungsten lipless crankbait. That thing is LOUD!

On the cape, I was throwing a spot, kept getting hit like freight train! Finally caught one, end up catching trout! they were knocking the hell out of the 1/2 Spot late on Sunday after the weather turned.....

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    On the cape, I was throwing a spot, kept getting hit like freight train! Finally caught one, end up catching trout! they were knocking the hell out of the 1/2 Spot late on Sunday after the weather turned.....
    That's awesome! Have only had a few days of getting into trout by accident like that, but it's always fun when it happens. Especially if they're in season to keep.