Thread: Pablano Pepper

Pablano Pepper

Wife has taken a liking to this from a Restaurant in chattanooga does anybody have a receipt on how i could do these at home for her do they fry or bake them and whats the seasonings they use??The ones she likes is with cheese and releno sauce on the side

2. Member

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

3. Member
    Look up gochuang mama on YouTube it’s a Mexican lady that has a cooking channel she has great recipes step by step

4. Member
    Thanks i will look into it

I use this one. Kind of easy and any ground meat will work. I make my own seasoning, then after filling the peppers I put some mild salsa over the top before baking. A few minutes before eating I dump some cheese over the top and let it melt. Brown jasmine rice is very good.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/22...blano-peppers/

I used ground beef, onion, cooked rice, cumin, paprika, and chili powder. Squirted in some tomato paste and minced 2 garlic cloves. Filled the pepper halves with the meat mix, spooned on a bit of salsa, covered with tomato slices. Into the oven at 350 for 45 minutes. Topped them with cheddar and back in for another 10 min.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fr8dog View Post
    I used ground beef, onion, cooked rice, cumin, paprika, and chili powder. Squirted in some tomato paste and minced 2 garlic cloves. Filled the pepper halves with the meat mix, spooned on a bit of salsa, covered with tomato slices. Into the oven at 350 for 45 minutes. Topped them with cheddar and back in for another 10 min.

Gonna rain here this weekend so might give this a try. Seasoning wise any idea how much of each you using ?

For about 1# of beef, I used maybe 1 1/2 tsp of each. I pour it into my hand until 'that looks about right '. That's how my grandmother and mom did it.

That recipe made 6 pepper halves.
    Last edited by fr8dog; 04-19-2019 at 10:08 AM.

9. Member
    Those look really good!!1Thanks