Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WVBullet View Post
    Yes they did.

WV Bullet posted these pics for me on another thread. The scoop about this Bullet is that this was the first Bullet to break 100mph. He had a different motor on it back in the day.
    The owners name was Bill May. He was buddies with Loyle Bryant if I remember correctly. Bill May lived in Kingsport TN. Years ago I was told that this was the first bass boat to bust trips.
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

I remembered I had these pics, Brad. Thought it’d be fitting to post on this thread.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

3. Member
    Actually the speedo & tach are up front. No place for them in the dash/console. Not sure of the history, PO's. I provided the serial # in original post....just trying to figure out what it is. Price was certainly right..so it really doesn't matter...but would like to know what I have.

Thanks for the comments.
    2020 BassCat Eyra w/Merc v8 Pro XS (2b685615)
    2008 Triton TR196 w/Merc200 (1B505505)
    2024 Havoc Alum Duck boat w/ Mod Mercury 3-cyl 2-stroke
    0T899507 w/1B728726 powerhead (sleeved/ported/welded chambers, mod carbs/tuner &light flywheel)
    Previously owned:
    2018 Eyra w/Merc250 (2b525704)
    2015 PII w/Merc200 (2b115304)
    Brooks tunnel w/Merc 200 carb & CLE l/u motor (A913415)

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitehead View Post
    Did Shadow make bass boats that weren't tunnel hulls? The only ones I've seen were, but that's probably only 6 or 7 in 30 plus years.
    Yes, Shadow made an 18 and 20 or 21 foot V-hull... I still see a few Shadows around Laurel and Lake Cumberland area that look brand new... Always wondered if someone salvaged the molds after Glassport went under and makes a new one every now and then... Dan

Shadows were made in corbin, ky in one of their lives. I seem to recall a factory in ok, and one in tn at one time. My grandfather drove a delivery truck for a few brand boats back in those days. Theres lots of shadows in ky that have been garage kept and still look real good. I can usually spot a shadow by the stroker looking top cap and the single rod/no reel rod box. I wish i had a decent laser ltv bass boat for my collection. As many of those old boats i was around in those days thats the only one i still want.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

6. BBC SPONSOR
    Shadow was started in a garage in Friendsville, Tn. Late 80s/early 90s moved to Corbin ky. Someone in FL had the molds and building under another name. Rumor has it the original plugs are sitting in a garage here in town
    www.bassboatelectronics.com

2008 Bullet 21XRD
    2014 Merc 250 Pro XS

Knoxville, TN

7. Member
    Use to fish with a guy that had shadows 2 with a 225 and one with a 260 he use to swear all the time they was faster than a bullet . I know every time i went they was pretty wet ride it was the first boat i ever really felt it lifting hard on the pads. That boat may be a splash between one or a old hawk or something or old Brooks may have made a few one offs

8. Moderator
    Dusty, Billy H still has that black and yellow one that he and his dad ran with the Bridgeport on it. It is still sitting in Commercial Warehouse, hasnt seen daylight since Billy retired.

Quote Originally Posted by marty92xrd View Post
    Dusty, Billy H still has that black and yellow one that he and his dad ran with the Bridgeport on it. It is still sitting in Commercial Warehouse, hasnt seen daylight since Billy retired.
    I wish he would sell it.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12