Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I will never understand these lifetime ambassador contracts. Isnt getting paid 9M a year enough?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    I will never understand these lifetime ambassador contracts. Isnt getting paid 9M a year enough?
    Exactly! My point exactly! You can take it to the bank that this paid "Lifetime Ambassador" BS will NEVER be fully disclosed. When $hit like this starts going down... it should start the eventual rise of several RED flags. Breaking on the day after his defeat and tournament departure especially. I'm telling ya people.... He and UK administration is creating a nightmare at this position. Life is bigger than John "freaking" Calipari. For crying out loud, he does not wear a white robe and can not walk on water. The whole situation is laughable, humiliating, and embarrassing. Please keep in mind this is coming from one of the biggest UK basketball fans in existence.... FORMER!

3. Member
    It sounds like this guy and Art needs to start fishing together.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogger55 View Post
    It sounds like this guy and Art needs to start fishing together.
    Art was a Red Bird fan for sure

Personally I think Cal has done a good job for the most part, don't want to let him go and end up with a Billy G again

5. Member
    Kentucky needs to stop this krap with these one and done players! How about let’s recruit some Kentucky kids like we used to do! I don’t think there is much connection for the fan base with these throwaway teams we have these days. I’ve watched very little Kentucky basketball since 98
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nightbasser View Post
    Kentucky needs to stop this krap with these one and done players! How about let’s recruit some Kentucky kids like we used to do! I don’t think there is much connection for the fan base with these throwaway teams we have these days. I’ve watched very little Kentucky basketball since 98
    ..... I have thought and thought about the acceptance from folk on the one and done philosophy. Seems I can only relate it to one thing... that being generational among folk. It almost seems that the majority of the millennial generation and all of the post millennial generation really enjoy the one and done, high turnover, here for a year and gone, etc. As for the more traditional, home-grown, team development, fan connection type teams..... seems to equate to the generation X and baby boomer folk. Just an observation that quite frankly means squat, but interesting to me.

7. Member
    Generally speaking, Kentucky kids just can't compete on this stage. Don't fool yourself, college athletics is a business and good teams make more money than bad teams. On a good year, our state MIGHT have one or two kids capable of playing at UK. This year was a good year and we have two, Kyky Tandy and Dontaie Allen. Cal recruited Tandy but things went sideways when Cal told him he did not believe he would be a one-and-done player and couldn't guarantee playing time as a freshman. Tandy and his father didn't take this news well and the recruiting essentially stopped there. Dontaie Allen has signed with UK.

So to your point, we did recruit both KY kids this year that have the talent to play at UK. One signed, and the other said he wasn't interested in being 4 year player. He wants to be one and done.
    Last edited by Maddog10; 04-04-2019 at 12:40 PM.

8. Member
    I would rather have a team half full of Kentucky boys that wanted to play 4 years just as Long as we are competitive! Give me a real team like the 96 championship team or the unforgettables from the 92 team. Those boys will never be forgotten by Kentucky fans. Money has ruined college athletics!
    Last edited by nightbasser; 04-05-2019 at 06:16 AM.
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

9. Member
    I would rather have a team half full of Kentucky boys that wanted to play 4 years just as Long as we are competitive! Give me a real team like the 96 championship team or the unforgettables from the 92 team. Those boys will never be forgotten by Kentucky fans. Money has ruined college athletics!
    So now it appears Calipari is hung up on utilizing a Graduate transfer (5th year senior) in conjunction with Mcdonald all americans... Seems kinda odd he refuses to recruit and coach a few players that would eventually become his own 5th year seniors??? 2 + 2 = 4 last I checked. He often criticizes the one and done.... which is laughable by the way because he has a way with words that tend to shut most people up. Just seems odd to me that a "coach" wants to continue to recruit 5 star kids and now graduate transfers??? Why some may ask. If he can't have the best talent or a player that some other coach has developed and taught then he is a fish outta water. At some point his coaching abilities will come into question and hopefully it becomes a little more clear for most of BBN to understand and see what is unfolding in front of their eyes.

I'm with you nightbasser...... give me a team of kids that want to play at and for the University of Kentucky. You can keep the Mcdonald all americans! Unfortunately, just going to require a different lead.

10. Member
    Oh wait a minute... wait a minute.... could this potentially become another "TWEAK". Utilizing a grad transfer with 5 freshman?? That's it.. that's it!! How could even I overlooked that?

Back in the good 'ole days half of UK's roster use to be Kentucky kids, and the rest regionally close by. You actually got to know them after 4 years, some are still legends, even the incarcerated ones . Now it's a revolving door of recruits from around the world. I've been on campus more than they have.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mossie3 View Post
    Back in the good 'ole days half of UK's roster use to be Kentucky kids, and the rest regionally close by. You actually got to know them after 4 years, some are still legends, even the incarcerated ones . Now it's a revolving door of recruits from around the world. I've been on campus more than they have.
    I'm laughing my arse off right now!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12