Thread: 1980 CC Inland

1980 CC Inland

Hey all, are there any 1980 cc owners out there yet who are bass fishing out of them? Tournaments? A local dealership in Kentucky just got one in, and I’m really considering it as a rig I can fish bass lakes local and still be able to travel with it and fish inshore/big lakes down south.

Pretty much all the fishing opportunity here in WV are smaller bass lakes, so it would be nice to travel to the salt sometime. Not trying to start a cc vs bass boat deal, just wondering if this particular model would be well suited for bass fishing given the flat deck, two rod boxes and other similarities. Thanks!

I'd love to have one for bass fishing. I'm in the Coast Guard and move all over the country and sometimes without getting a say in where I'm going. A multi-purpose rig would be perfect. The deal killer for me would be no recessed foot pedal for the trolling motor on the CC models. Even at 42 my back just can't take standing on one leg for most of the day. I don't even see how one could be installed being that the front hatch is right where the pedal recess would need to be.

3. Member
    Get an ultrex without the pedal and run it from the remote

4. Member
    I had to pick up a few things for my Vexus today (livewell light, trailer lock, and poly super bow roller) and I talked with Randy who’s been selling boats here in Cleveland, TN for 40+ years. Talked to him about my new Vexus, and about the boating market in general. He said one of the fastest growing segments is the center console boat. It is very flexible for many different uses. So, it makes sense. When I was still patrolling with the TWRA here in TN, we loved it when we started getting center console boats.

Quote Originally Posted by Kbreaux View Post
    Get an ultrex without the pedal and run it from the remote
    That negates the advantage of a foot control trolling motor. The whole point is to keep your hands free to fish. I never understood the remote controlled trolling motors except for on tower boats. You may as well stick with a hand control trolling motor since you have to momentarily stop fishing to make adjustments.

6. Member
    So there is no way to fit a recessed TM in a Vexus CC boat?

7. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    No, we cannot put a recessed trolling motor in a center console boat.

there is no room for it with the bow support and front storage box,

20190408_084133.jpg

Would be great to make the box a bit smaller so it can fit a recessed pedal. You would still have some room up front.

If I decide to stay in NJ a center console would definitely be in my future but not without a recessed pedal.

9. Member
    I just bought a 1980 cc this year and have been bass fishing in it a few times. I love it. The trolling motor is no issue for me, I just nudge it with my knee if needed while my line is in the water.

10. Member
    There is no can’t. Why not incorporate the recess into the hatch? Doesn’t have to be super deep.

11. Member
    I really like the big CC but the recessed pedal is a must for me too. Thinking this would be a good south Louisiana boat to fish all species and sell the bass boat. Watching this one.

12. Member
    I have the 1980CC with Riptide Terrova. With remote foot control. It is great especially sitting down in the comfortable seats. When you do not need it, just disconnect and store in front storage bix.

13. Member
    I haven't been in a Vexus CC but my current boat and last boat was a CC bay boat style and I've done allot of bass fishing out of them. I'm soon switching to an actual bass boat though and I'll explain why. I never thought I'd be one of the guys with enough tackle in a boat to fill a pro shop but over the years I'm now that guy. And nothing has tackle storage like a bass boat. And I want to be able to keep it all stowed in the boat neatly and leave it in the boat at all times. And I'm getting tired of walking around the console to access the back area. I'll miss the line of sight that comes with driving a CC but that's probably it.
    Also depending on the length of your CC the console can be in the way of some casting. And it's worse for anyone fishing off the back deck. You do get used to it and muscle memory will take over after a while but it's still a thing.