Order Placed AVX 1980 - 8-10 weeks to go

I'm a nube. Never posted on a message board but have been reading about Vexus voraciously since they announced. I'm in Western MI and there are no dealers within several hours of me. I settled on In Tune Marine in MN. Aaron Teal has been VERY responsive and more than helpful.

Here's what I ordered:

AVX 1980
    Summit White
    Evinrude 150 H.O. G2 with 6" Hydraulic jack plate.
    Evinrude foot throttle
    Ultrex 80 lb 45" US2
    Victor Package (remote drain plug, extra rod strap, auto bilge, etc)
    Passenger Console (tournament partner and my wife both appreciate thisO
    Dual Axle Trailer

Will have InTune Marine install two Garmin Echomap Plus 93 SV units.

Hoping for the 8 instead of 10 weeks, but who knows. Would be nice to have before tournament season opens.

Thanks for all the information you all have posted over the last year. It was very helpful.

I ordered the EXACT same boat except 10" HB Mega SI at the console and a 12" HB Mega at the bow. You know you need the BRP gauge to be able to switch between the foot throttle and the hand throttle if that matters to you at all.

3. Member
    Congrats and welcome to the club. I'm waiting at just a little over 3 weeks myself.

4. Member
    @angleiron: I've never had a foot throttle. So, I imagine I will go back and forth between the two...hand throttle when docking or loading on trailer for sure. Did you have to order the BRP gauge? I didn't see that option and assumed (not wise) the addition of the foot throttle would give me ability to go between. Any wisdom from you would be appreciated.

5. Member
    @BoatNoobie: thanks and congrats to you as well. Please post pics when you get your new boat.

Congrats! Nothing more exciting waiting on the build timeline and going to pick it up.

7. Member
    Update: Picking up my new Vexus AVX 1980 next week! My old boat finally sold, driving to MN on May 22 and back to MI on May 23. Just in time for a weekend on the river for opening weekend of summer. Bass tourneys begin the following week. Gotta say, Aaron Teal and In Tune Marine has been amazing. I'll post pics when I get it home.

8. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TDWalk View Post
    Update: Picking up my new Vexus AVX 1980 next week! My old boat finally sold, driving to MN on May 22 and back to MI on May 23. Just in time for a weekend on the river for opening weekend of summer. Bass tourneys begin the following week. Gotta say, Aaron Teal and In Tune Marine has been amazing. I'll post pics when I get it home.
    Congrats, yours is showing up quicker than mine, lol. This Friday will be the end of 10 weeks for me. I contacted my dealer yesterday for a status and he told me it's on it's way to their sister store on the other side of the state and expected to be there tomorrow. They will pick up and bring it to their dealership over the weekend or early next week. I hope to get it by Tuesday, but we shall see. I have serial numbers for hull, motor and trolling motor now, so that's a good sign.

10. Member
    You’ll love it! Had my near carbon copy of yours out today, and it handled the rough water very well. Plus, we caught a bunch (60) nice l.m. bass from 1.5lb to 4.5lb. May have to add a second console on mine eventually.

4097B1F7-E3B8-4947-A31F-C1E012EED5F7.jpegED5912CE-1569-4A5E-A4A2-573BD5F3CE7E.jpeg
    Last edited by Jimbug; 05-16-2019 at 10:05 AM.
    white Vexus AVX 1980 - white Evinrude G2 150hp HO