Thread: Fox Chain

Fox Chain

Anyone have the know how on the chain? Thinking about hitting it this weekend for the first time.

2. Banned
    What do you want to know? I've been fishing it for 20 years. Haven't been there yet this year but I'll be fishing Saturday and Sunday.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slonezp View Post
    What do you want to know? I've been fishing it for 20 years. Haven't been there yet this year but I'll be fishing Saturday and Sunday.
    Any lakes better known for bass? What's the water clarity like?

Effective at 3 PM Friday March 29, 2019, ZONE B (Upper River) and ZONE C (Lakes) will be open to normal boating.
    ZONE A (Lower river) will remain NO WAKE until the water level recedes further.
    A debris advisory will remain in effect for all zones.

https://www.foxwaterway.com/index.php/news/

5. Member
    I threw 20 casts form the state launch piers on Saturday after the show at the hall. Nothing, not even a weed nibble. The chain is dead, all the fish have left.
    Please release me,let me go.

6. Banned
    Water clarity is normally 1-2ft on the southern lakes and 3ft or more on the northern lakes and the water is stained. With the high water and debris as of late, the water could be chocolate milk. As far as bass, you can catch them on every lake. The water fishes typical to any shallow water lake.

As far as hitting it, there is a user fee. It's around $100 for an annual sticker for an average sized fishing boat. I think a day pass runs about $20. The DNR patrols the water, for the most part, until Memorial Day, and then the Lake County Sheriff takes over. They will be looking for stickers and you will get a ticket if you do not have one.

7. Banned
    I was out this morning. 1 bite in 6 hours. Water temp 50* down south and 45* up north. There is quite a bit of decayed vegetation floating on top that got stirred up from the high water. Some pretty big logs floating around as well. They are still dumping water and the current water level appears to be 8" below summer pool based on water lines. I'm not sure why they are still dumping, but they need to stop.

8. Member
    Water clarity is normally 1-2ft on the southern lakes and 3ft or more on the northern lakes and the water is stained. With the high water and debris as of late, the water could be chocolate milk. As far as bass, you can catch them on every lake. The water fishes typical to any shallow water lake.

As far as hitting it, there is a user fee. It's around $100 for an annual sticker for an average sized fishing boat. I think a day pass runs about $20. The DNR patrols the water, for the most part, until Memorial Day, and then the Lake County Sheriff takes over. They will be looking for stickers and you will get a ticket if you do not have one.
    Whoops. looked over this part and went out yesterday. Where can I purchase this sticker?

9. Member
    I'm not dead yet.....competition is the life blood of any human being

10. Member
    I was out this morning. 1 bite in 6 hours. Water temp 50* down south and 45* up north. There is quite a bit of decayed vegetation floating on top that got stirred up from the high water. Some pretty big logs floating around as well. They are still dumping water and the current water level appears to be 8" below summer pool based on water lines. I'm not sure why they are still dumping, but they need to stop.
    Went out Tuesday. Saw temps around 55-56 south and 50 up north. I bet this cold front coming through is going to play with them a little. A little nerve racking being the first time on the lake and no buoys out. Did manage a few decent ones but was just trying to get a lay of the lakes. A lot of rock on the lakes. Do they tend to key on that stuff?

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fencepanda View Post
    Went out Tuesday. Saw temps around 55-56 south and 50 up north. I bet this cold front coming through is going to play with them a little. A little nerve racking being the first time on the lake and no buoys out. Did manage a few decent ones but was just trying to get a lay of the lakes. A lot of rock on the lakes. Do they tend to key on that stuff?
    They have dropped the water levels. I wouldn't waste your time until they bring it up to summer pool. You'll lose a skeg if you don't know what you're doing. The chain fishes like any shallow fishery during the spring and early summer.