Alpha pedestal bushing

Seat pedestal won't go in the back deck hole any more, thinking I need to replace the bushing. Anyone know a part number/manufacturer for this? Never done before. 2012 Alpha 199

2. Member
    Mine was getting hard to get out , Little sanding and spray lube works great

3. Member
    All the sanding I could do wouldn't gap it enough to even enter more than 1/8" or so. Must have swelled for some reason.

I got my bushing out, cleaned up the rust, found at walmart.com for $25 the 2100040 spring lock repair kit appears to be the exact match.

4. Member
    Alright guys, what do I got wrong here? Tested new bushing on the pedestal, fit very loosely. Tested pedestal in front hole, fit perfectly. Wooden dowel that came with the new bushing fit the bushing perfectly. Hammered the bushing into the hole aligned, with the dowel, and it came out smoothly. Tested pedestal and same issue as before. It won't fit. What in the heck?

I'm starting to think the seat mount base metal has shrunk or something. It is inside the livewell. I'm guessing that's why it was rusty. Maybe I left a 1/16'' of rust in the metal hole? IDK.

Anyhow, this go round I'll be shaving off plastic with something until I can get that pole in it. Tired of messing with it and don't care to rip up carpet.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jab0106 View Post
    Alright guys, what do I got wrong here? Tested new bushing on the pedestal, fit very loosely. Tested pedestal in front hole, fit perfectly. Wooden dowel that came with the new bushing fit the bushing perfectly. Hammered the bushing into the hole aligned, with the dowel, and it came out smoothly. Tested pedestal and same issue as before. It won't fit. What in the heck?

I'm starting to think the seat mount base metal has shrunk or something. It is inside the livewell. I'm guessing that's why it was rusty. Maybe I left a 1/16'' of rust in the metal hole? IDK.

Anyhow, this go round I'll be shaving off plastic with something until I can get that pole in it. Tired of messing with it and don't care to rip up carpet.
    I had this happen too. Used a Dremel to sand it down.
    Livin the dream
    2013 Legend 211
    250 Pro Xs

6. Member
    FWIW I used a 1 3/4 hole saw to shave a tiny bit off, pole went in fine afterward with little slop.