What top coat cures the fastest?

First off I made a mistake and didn’t realize I’m out of my confidence bait for a tournament this weekend lol

That leads me to this question... Is there any top coat out there that will cure by Saturday morning if I apply it Wednesday or Thursday? I normally use a concrete sealer and it won’t cure in time... I have no experience with anything else. Thanks in advance!
    '06 Xpress X19 TS | 150 Yamaha VMAX

2. Member
    What type of bait?

Clear Plasti-dip in a spray can will work in a pinch. It's not as durable as epoxy or KBS and comes out a dull matte finish.

Clear spray enamel will work too but I've had it lift the paint and check up on a couple baits I've done but I think I went to heavy on the first coat. You can get this in a matte or gloss.

You could use BSI 30min epoxy. I would thin it some with acetone. I just did a few prototype baits last Thursday and fished them on Saturday. You may have to rotate the lure a couple times to keep the epoxy from running.
    Brad Whitaker
    whittyoutdoors.com --- Use code BBC5 at checkout for 5% off
    Whitty Outdoors handmade crankbaits

08 Stratos 201XL 250 HO E-tec
    05 Weld-Craft 1852 semi-v 115/80 Mercury jetdrive

I may try the clear plasti dip. I only need one to fish and a couple for backups

Rotating the lure is what originally turned me off on epoxy for finishing, but may try that as well on a few. Have the best of both worlds, some with a matte finish and some with a gloss finish.

Sally Hanson ?

6. Member
    Automotive clear coat!

7. Member
    I use Bob Smith 30 min epoxy, and when needing a bait within a few days have used a space heater set on low to speed up the cure process with no problems.

Mike

8. Member
    Don't know what you're using for paint, but anything like jigs or spinnerbait heads have always held up well with just powder paint and baking properly. No help if you are spraying some other type of paint for a particular pattern or look on crankbaits.

Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    Don't know what you're using for paint, but anything like jigs or spinnerbait heads have always held up well with just powder paint and baking properly. No help if you are spraying some other type of paint for a particular pattern or look on crankbaits.
    I am using createx on crankbaits