Bass Fishing around Louisville

I will be down there from May 9 thru May 12th for school Archery Nationals, wanting to bring the boat and do some fishing,question is, Is there some good fishing around Louisville or should I travel to Kentucky Lake. Thanks in Advance.

2. Member
    Lots of decent lakes within an hour or 2 of Louisville. Nolin, Rough, Barren, Green, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by dabassking View Post
    Lots of decent lakes within an hour or 2 of Louisville. Nolin, Rough, Barren, Green, etc.
    I would also add Potoka Lake in Indiana to that list.

Last edited by fishinarc; 06-21-2022 at 07:51 AM.

5. Member
    I moved from Louisville largely because there is no good fishing anywhere close. 2 hour drive to good fishing at KY Lake, Green River, or Dale Hollow

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    I would also add Potoka Lake in Indiana to that list.
    Shew. Tough. It’s tough to even catch a few here. It will be a good one if you do, but you’re just as likely to not get a bite.

Sad when your chances of catching a 5 pounder are the same as your chances of getting a bite. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by fishinarc View Post

Don't. Waste. Your. Time...
    Quote Originally Posted by catch5 View Post
    Shew. Tough. It’s tough to even catch a few here. It will be a good one if you do, but you’re just as likely to not get a bite.

Sad when your chances of catching a 5 pounder are the same as your chances of getting a bite. Lol
    Sorry I did not realize Potoka had went downhill. 10-15 years ago I remember people talking about it being a good lake so I was going off what I recall from several years ago.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    Sorry I did not realize Potoka had went downhill. 10-15 years ago I remember people talking about it being a good lake so I was going off what I recall from several years ago.
    It’s take good weight to win a tournament still. I had a bags over 20 last year and several in the upper teens. I’m also liable to go down there and lay a goose egg.

The lake is a shell of what it was 10 years ago. Our numbers of fish is just way down. I fish up there a couple days a week from spring through the fall, and I bet I caught less than 10 fish under 15” all year. It’s like they’re gone. Lake is hurting for sure.

Ky Lake is basically a gar hole now, I'd rather fish the Ohio River. Least you'd catch some little ones. Like catch5 said plenty of good fishing within an hour drive and a couple good lakes within a half hour. If you like river fishing the Ohio will let you catch a few if the water is right.

10. Member
    Green, Dale, Cumberland, Barren .... in that order.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

11. Member
    Thanks everyone that chipped in. Tight lines yall

12. Banned
    Cumberland is awesome if you felt like making a little bit longer drive. Beautiful lake with good fishing.