Thread: Es98 transducer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Es98 transducer

Trying to hook transducer to unit and have one to many pins on transducer? Got units used with no manual

2. Member
    How many pins on the transducer?

If it is a 10-pin transducer it is probably for a Dragonfly but I can't say for sure since I don't know much about the Dragonfly line.
    Last edited by huntertn; 03-31-2019 at 02:17 PM.

3. Member
    The 98 will only take a Raymarine CHIRP or CHIRP / Down transducer.

Can you tell what transducer ducer you have or post a picture.

4. Member
    I don’t know how to post pictures. But it’s a CPT-100DVS transum. It came with a CP 200 sonar module side vision/ chirp. One of the units has 9 pins the other has 7 pins. I thought they were the same units. I have a si transducer and 3-4 network cables. Just not sure what transducer goes to unit. And to module to have DI,SI and 2d? Also came with trolling motor transducer. Do I need all 3?

5. Member
    When you say you have a unit with 7-pins and one with 9-pins are you talking about 2 different graphs? If so, you have an eS98 and an eS97. The 98 is a 9-pin and the 97 is a 7-pin.

6. Member
    Yes I have 2 units, so one is for di and the other for si?

7. Member
    The eS98 has chirp down-imaging sonar (9-pin) and the eS97 has a 600watt digital sonar (7-pin). There are several ways to hook it all up and you may want to change the location of the 97 or 98 based on how you fish so you can move stuff around a little.

The CP200 side imaging box is connected to any unit using the network cable (called Raynet). It will need a power connection and the side imaging transducer (CPT200) the one with the two elements on an aluminum bracket.

The eS98 will take the CPT100. You said you have one with a transom mount. You also said you have a transducer on a trolling motor mount - this is probably another CPT100 (there is an old style and new style so it may look different from the other one). Look and see how many pins the trolling motor transducer has. If 9-pins it is another CPT100.

The eS97 takes a 7-pin transducer. That may be the trolling motor transducer but I doubt it. People often connect this to an in-hull transducer like a P-79. You see these often mounted at the console. But, if you have a TM transducer or you have a US2 trolling motor you could mount it at the bow. You would not get DI but you would have sonar. But you could pull up the DI from the eS98 and view it on the eS97

If you connect the CP200, eS97, and eS98 together using the Raynet cables you can view any type of sonar from any unit. You can also share other resources like charts. I would suggest connecting the CP200 to which ever unit you put the chart card in. That will be the system datamaster. Typically this is the unit at the console but it depends on how you fish.

Let us know if I left off anything or confused things.

8. Member
    huntertn - easy with the responses. I have about 20 years until I retire and I don't need anyone taking my job. Great detailed response and thanks for answering.

Quote Originally Posted by huntertn View Post
    The eS98 has chirp down-imaging sonar (9-pin) and the eS97 has a 600watt digital sonar (7-pin). There are several ways to hook it all up and you may want to change the location of the 97 or 98 based on how you fish so you can move stuff around a little.

The CP200 side imaging box is connected to any unit using the network cable (called Raynet). It will need a power connection and the side imaging transducer (CPT200) the one with the two elements on an aluminum bracket.

The eS98 will take the CPT100. You said you have one with a transom mount. You also said you have a transducer on a trolling motor mount - this is probably another CPT100 (there is an old style and new style so it may look different from the other one). Look and see how many pins the trolling motor transducer has. If 9-pins it is another CPT100.

The eS97 takes a 7-pin transducer. That may be the trolling motor transducer but I doubt it. People often connect this to an in-hull transducer like a P-79. You see these often mounted at the console. But, if you have a TM transducer or you have a US2 trolling motor you could mount it at the bow. You would not get DI but you would have sonar. But you could pull up the DI from the eS98 and view it on the eS97

If you connect the CP200, eS97, and eS98 together using the Raynet cables you can view any type of sonar from any unit. You can also share other resources like charts. I would suggest connecting the CP200 to which ever unit you put the chart card in. That will be the system datamaster. Typically this is the unit at the console but it depends on how you fish.

Let us know if I left off anything or confused things.

9. Member
    I had some time at lunch. I should have been finishing my income tax.

10. Member
    Thanks for your response. All the transducers for di have 9 pins. But the trolling motor transducer is long and has the cable coming out the back. Really not sure how to mount it without something breaking or getting cut. I have the big si transducer. I’m guessing it’s only for si. So to have di and 2d at console I need both transducers on back of boat? If so can they be next to each other with di a little higher?

11. Member
    Transducer shield and saver makes the most protective one
    https://www.transducershieldandsaver.com/?s=Raymarine+

12. Member
    For the Sonar / DownVision (long skinny one) and DownVision (twin paddles on the metal bracket), I’d mount them on opposite sides of the outboard.

13. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jig34 View Post
    Transducer shield and saver makes the most protective one
    https://www.transducershieldandsaver.com/?s=Raymarine+
    There is two models depending on which one you have.

14. Member
    I would install them like this
    Attached Images Attached Images

15. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Performance wise on the left side would be better. Water disruptions over the prop!!

16. Member
    I need some help with my Raymarine units. I have 3 Axiom Pro 12’s on the boat that I bought. I would love for someone to take me out and show me how to operate the units at the best. I am not getting a depth reading after the units have been on for about 30 seconds. Huntertn, if you live in Murfreesboro, I am very close.

17. Member
    I tried to fall down some steps a couple of weeks ago and broke my ankle. I am in a boot now and am afraid if I tried to get in a boat I would fall out of it too but we can get together in a few more weeks.

18. Member
    Sounds awesome

19. Member
    Do you have Lester’s old boat?

20. Member
    Brillo is all set. I'll be in TN the end of May for the Pan-Am Kayak Bass Championship and he and are getting together on Center Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Brillo View Post
    I need some help with my Raymarine units. I have 3 Axiom Pro 12’s on the boat that I bought. I would love for someone to take me out and show me how to operate the units at the best. I am not getting a depth reading after the units have been on for about 30 seconds. Huntertn, if you live in Murfreesboro, I am very close.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast