Shallow water anchor system for PT175 TXW?

Hi all,

I have a 2015 PT175 txw and was looking into a power pole micro, has anyone had any experience with this setup? I found a few videos online but nothing that really stands out to say it does hold the boat in place. From my understanding the micro is rated to hold 1500 lbs. I don't carry alot of gear but am 200lbs myself, the boat and a 60hp motor so not sure what the overall weight is.

Am from the bay area so fish alot of ca delta and occasional clear lake trip.

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rippinlipz-510 View Post
    Hi all,

I have a 2015 PT175 txw and was looking into a power pole micro, has anyone had any experience with this setup? I found a few videos online but nothing that really stands out to say it does hold the boat in place. From my understanding the micro is rated to hold 1500 lbs. I don't carry alot of gear but am 200lbs myself, the boat and a 60hp motor so not sure what the overall weight is.

Am from the bay area so fish alot of ca delta and occasional clear lake trip.
    Probably the only two bodies of water where you could use it around here. I put the Ultrex on. Been working great.

3. Member
    Bought my PT175 TF used, it came with a PP Micro and an Xi5, I use the Micro when in the weedy shallows and its worked well in that situation. The Xi5 has done a good job when conditions are unsuitable for the Micro. Essentially, they each work well in the appropriate situation.
    2011 Tracker PT 175 TF
    2011 Merc 60 ELPT 4S

4. Member
    "Probably the only two bodies of water where you could use it around here. I put the Ultrex on. Been working great."

yup I was only intending to use in these areas during spawn and low tides at the delta and not wanting to muddy up water. I intend to upgrade the tm at some point down the road for the deeper lakes.
    Last edited by Rippinlipz-510; 03-31-2019 at 04:48 PM.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Tracker View Post
    Bought my PT175 TF used, it came with a PP Micro and an Xi5, I use the Micro when in the weedy shallows and its worked well in that situation. The Xi5 has done a good job when conditions are unsuitable for the Micro. Essentially, they each work well in the appropriate situation.
    thanks for the info, how did the micro fair with windy conditions? any concerns of it not holding in place

6. Member
    I've never put myself into that situation, if it were windy enough for me to have concerns with the pole holding, It would be too windy for me to enjoy fishing... I would either find somewhere out of the wind, or not be on the water. That said the times I use the pole its down through several feet of thick weeds and maybe a foot or two of muck before it drives itself into the sand, so I suspect it would have taken quite a bit to move the boat.
    2011 Tracker PT 175 TF
    2011 Merc 60 ELPT 4S

i saw shaw grigsby had a pair on a 18' tin, it will hold untill it wont, if your bed fishing it will hold
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089