Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Front Electronics

How many of you use SI on front or mainly DI?

I use SI, 2D and mapping at the front. The triple screen on my HB has SI, 2D and DI (which is a composite of the left and right SI images). I wish the DI wasn't on the screen as I know how to interpret the SI images.
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I use SI up front.....i'll switch through out the day between a Sonar/DI and DI/Side
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

I use side scan on the front with the si transducer mounted to the trolling motor. This is the screen I leave mine on the most, as it lets me see pretty much everything that's going on in the water in front of my boat.

Last edited by Bassnailer; 03-31-2019 at 08:04 PM.
    1994 Stratos 201 Pro XL 2004 Mercury 200 EFI

5. Banned
    I find SI up front with the transducer mounted on the trolling motor pretty much useless because every time the the trolling motor moves it distorts the image on the head unit... Dan

Quote Originally Posted by FISHON317 View Post
    How many of you use SI on front or mainly DI?
    Most of the time I use SI only with SI transducer on the trolling motor, when not using SI, I use 360. 360 is SI that rotates. Rarely use DI at all, just for demo screen shots.
    SI shows the same thing as DI, just a lot more of it.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

7. Member
    I use 2D and Livescope up front, and sidevu (garmin) at the helm. I am curious to see what folks say about side imaging on the trolling motor. It seems like it could be difficult to get a great image with any steering going on. I do have a side imaging transducer for my bow Garmin that I haven't used for this reason.

I see you are in Greenwood. I'm in Fishers. Where do you usually fish?
    I have a boat.

8. Member
    I use the SI with the transducer mounted on the TM. Yes the image distorts when you turn but I run straight enough most of the time that it benefits me in locating submerged cover.
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

9. Member
    95 per cent of the time i run only 2d and mapping but i do have si and di capability up front.

I run 2d slit with the map up front. I know a lot run SI but I've found it useless

Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    I find SI up front with the transducer mounted on the trolling motor pretty much useless because every time the the trolling motor moves it distorts the image on the head unit... Dan
    If you don't want the SI image to distort when you turn your trolling motor, don't mount the transducer to the motor itself such as when mounting a 2d sonar. Mount the SI transducer to a second shaft attached to the non-rotating upper shaft of your trolling motor like the Humminbird 360. This is how I mount my SI transducer and the image stays clear regardless of what is going on with the trolling motor.

1994 Stratos 201 Pro XL 2004 Mercury 200 EFI

12. Member
    My SI and DI don't work very well unless i'm moving. Most times i am trying to remain stationary as possible as i fish a lot of brush piles.

13. Banned
    I have SI on my trolling motor. Don't use it much but, it's pretty handy to have when I need it.

14. Dogfish_Jones
    I run 2D and mapping up front. My two concerns are if they are fish in the area and the mapping tells me where the breaks and depth changes are before I get there. Other than that I hope the lure I am using will catch the fish.

15. Member
    Use both up front, mounted on the TM - have not had a problem with the image when turning, but, I
    do turn slowly.
    Do not take your half in the middle ....

My front graph is on SI most of the time. It's not so much about getting a crystal clear image of whats down there so much as being able to discern there is something down there and where it is in relation to the boat. Following submerged weedlines with SI is a godsend and makes it so much easier to parallel cast them. You can see odd composition changes off to the side of the boat and then actually do a straight line scan to determine what it is. With DI or 2D you're gonna go right by that rock pile without even knowing its there. So many advantages.
    06 Skeeter 20i Yamaha 250 HPDI
    Visit my Youtube Channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW6p06navSpOqUn3xotG2vA

17. Member
    Yes

360 99% of the time. SI Shows history going past you. 360 shows you what's ahead.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

Panoptics/livescope, mapping and 2D.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassnailer View Post
    If you don't want the SI image to distort when you turn your trolling motor, don't mount the transducer to the motor itself such as when mounting a 2d sonar. Mount the SI transducer to a second shaft attached to the non-rotating upper shaft of your trolling motor like the Humminbird 360. This is how I mount my SI transducer and the image stays clear regardless of what is going on with the trolling motor.

How does the spotlock work on your TM?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast