Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassnailer View Post
    If you don't want the SI image to distort when you turn your trolling motor, don't mount the transducer to the motor itself such as when mounting a 2d sonar. Mount the SI transducer to a second shaft attached to the non-rotating upper shaft of your trolling motor like the Humminbird 360. This is how I mount my SI transducer and the image stays clear regardless of what is going on with the trolling motor.

I would like to mount my transducer the way you have. Where did you find the parts to do it?

2. Member
    I run 2d, down scan, and mapping on my lowrance then I run livescope on my garmin.
    --------------------------------------------------
    2013 Ranger Z520c w/Yamaha SHO 250

3. Member
    I have a SI at console and a DI at the bow. I still find my self using sonar the majority of the time even with the SI but I am fishing a deep clear lake.
    2020 Caymas CX20

Quote Originally Posted by DDDman View Post
    I would like to mount my transducer the way you have. Where did you find the parts to do it?
    I got the parts at a hardware store. I used a piece of 3/4 inch schedule 80 PVC pipe, a pair of galvanized Kennel clamps (the sort that clamps standard size chainlink fence segments) and some friction tape. I also used a couple of schedule 80 unions to bring the diameter of the PVC up to that of the trolling motor shaft. I put a few wraps of friction tape on the trolling motor shaft where the kennel clamps go to protect the shaft. The transducer cable just goes right down through the PVC shaft, and I bolted the transducer bracket to the shaft with some plumbers strap.
    1994 Stratos 201 Pro XL 2004 Mercury 200 EFI

5. Member
    Thanks for the shopping list. I hope to have it done this weekend.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassnailer View Post
    If you don't want the SI image to distort when you turn your trolling motor, don't mount the transducer to the motor itself such as when mounting a 2d sonar. Mount the SI transducer to a second shaft attached to the non-rotating upper shaft of your trolling motor like the Humminbird 360. This is how I mount my SI transducer and the image stays clear regardless of what is going on with the trolling motor.

That’s a killer idea. I wish I could run a setup like that. But I don’t think the grass mats at Guntersville would go easy on it. I do too much “close combat” fishing as I put it.
    1997 Triton Tr-21
    1999 Johnson 225HO

7. Banned
    Been debating on whether to buy a new Humminbird for bow but can’t decide if it needs si di.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12