Thread: 18TRX

18TRX

Anyone on here have a 2019 18TRX, with the new Mercury 200 4 stroke, if so how do you like it ? Thanks, in advance.

2. Member
    Man I got my 2019 TRX18 about a month ago. I love the Merc 4-stroke 200h. Itis a beast . When I crank it the sound makes people snap their necks looking for what hotrod just fired up. Coming from a 2002 Javelin 19 footer with a Yamaha 150hp VMAX it is taking some learning behind the wheel. It does chine walk but it is a performance boat in the sense that it is all the horsepower and then some that the hull can handle. But I am learning quickly. I had to balance the boat as it had a list to the driver side even when I wasn't in the boat. And when I am alone I fill the passenger side livewell so it is precisely level. I upgraded to 2 of the HB Helix 10s on Bass Boat Technology mounts. It fits nicely in the garage and I have zero complaints about it. Get the Ultrex if you can. It is for real a "game changer" Also get the HB heading sensor. I also got the Mercury Mobile blue tooth accessory where I can see all the engine data on my phone. Helps alot to know your hours an any warning codes the engine might send out. It is way cheaper than the smart gauge package. One other thing is the center tackle storage has a weird taper at the bow end that makes it difficult to fit all your tackle in but I have made it work. I think you will like it. Fit and finish is top notch and I got a $1200 BPS gift card, a $200 Triton apparel gift card, A total of 5 years warranty. So far I have hit 72 by myself with 3/4 tank of gas and one full live well at 5200 rpm. I was white knuckled at that point and haven't gone near that since. Easy riding at 65mph though. Enjoy!!

3. Member
    Thank you

4. Member
    I love that hotrod sound that you mentioned being an old time oval dirt track stock car owner/driver for many years. I don't have a boat like that but if I ever decide to update I will look hard at that one. Thanks for sharing the excellent information.

5. Member
    What prop are you running on 18trx, please

6. Member
    Fury 23p 3 blade

2019 Triton 18TRX / 200 4S Mercury Pro XS
    2 x HB Helix 10's SI/DI G3N
    MinnKota Ultrex 80LB/24v
    2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad

7. Member
    The 18TRX with that new 200 Merc is like a Ferrari 458 on the water. Fishes like a much bigger boat too.

8. Banned
    having a hard time believing the new V8 200 is that much faster than the 2 stroke 200 Pro XS. My buddies would barely touch 68 with 1/2 tank of gas, empty wells and turning 5800 at WOT.

9. Member
    I had mine up to 70.4 w/ a 1/2 tank of gas and my 6 year old in the boat. Maybe a little left, but not much. It runs 66-68 NO PROBLEM full tank of gas, two people , and full live wells.
    I LOVE the new Merc!

10. Member
    AdamV or Riggerfish I am looking at this model for maybe an upgrade from what I have later this year. The dealer didn't have one on the floor to look at. I was wondering if you could give me a measurement outside wheel to outside wheel for the width of the trailer. I need to see if it will fit through my garage door.

Thank you!

11. Member
    72 mph at 5200 with a 23 pitch prop is -18% prop slip. Might want to get that tach checked
    2016 Triton 18 TRX
    200 Mercury Pro XS

12. Member
    Looks like 98” wheel to wheel. I measured by my self so if I am off by an inch I can not be held accountable.

13. Member
    Thank you! It will fit even if off an inch or two!