North East Texas report, Yall come get cha some

I have been out of pocket for some time but in the recent few days I have been able to get out to check things out.

Local weather has been on the cool side but waters are warming. In the past few days I have found water temps from the low to mid 60's. Depending on the lake, water clarity has been very clear to very muddy. I do not believe that grasses are going to be hard to find this year. Lake Fork as well as the other local lakes are getting thick already.

In the next week we are supposed to get more night time temps down to frost levels. That may slow the spawn again. I have not found any fish yet with signs of red tails. It may push them back out for a day or two. But the water is too warm now to stop them in my opinion. Get ready here they come !!!

It has been great to see the numbers of boats headed north from I-20 headed for Lake Fork. I went to Fork on a Tuesday and all the ramps I passed where full. I saw licence plates from 10 to 12 different states. It is a crazy time of year to fish Fork. It was quite muddy on the upper ends. Mid lake was better, but not a lot. Other local lakes were very clear and fish were more willing to swing at a bait on top.

The best baits for me were top water frogs. I have been catching 5 to 10 bass each trip out. Some today were taken on a spinner bait at the crack of dawn. After that the frog was best.

Below are a few links to the past couple days of fishing if you are interested in seeing what was happening.

Better Luck Next Time !!!!
    Jeff, and Rheba Johnson
    AND COOPER
    2009 BEE LINE 294 by Phoenix
    2009 150 MERC OPTIMAX

Definitely gotta get up that way soon again.
    1991 Blazer VLX-150 / 2003 Mercury 150 XR6
    2015 Ranger 521C/ 2019 Mercury Racing 300R

721 ​ProXp

4. Member
    Looks like fun!!! We will be there in the next couple of weeks.
    SUSHII
    21XRS/SHO