Has anyone solved their trolling motor interference ?

Just curious if anyone actually solved their trolling motor interference . I noticed I was getting it with my si di and ultrex. Not sure if it’s possible to fix it based on the posts I just searched through. If you did solve it what did you do?

Thanks

I bought a transducer specifically for the trolling motor instead of using the transom transducer that comes with most every unit. The trolling motor transducer came with a choke that is added to the ends of the battery charger wires going to the starting battery which is what my units are connected directly to. From my understanding, the interference crosses through the charger from the trolling motor batteries and since it’s also connected to the starting battery, that interference reaches the bow unit when you step on the trolling motor power button. I have had zero interference since doing that.

3. Member
    I installed 2 ferrite rings on the transducer cable to eliminate the interference on this boat, my previous boat it was eliminated by running a ground wire from the trolling motor skeg to the cranking battery. It's a process of elimination usually, what worked for me might be different for you.

Here some information on ferrite rings.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....t=Ferrite+ring

I too had trolling motor interference. I finally took it to a certified HB shop that was owned by an individual with an electrical engineering degree. He replaced the transducer with the transducer that is shielded, he also ground my unit to the Ultrex 112 unit and I now have crystal clear images on Sonar/SI/DI.

5. Member
    When I turn my trolling motor it puts a single line through the screen but that's only when running side scan.

6. Member
    More than likely it’s being caused by your onboard charger. Humminbird has a choke that you can put between your charger and house battery to stop the interference. I run lithium’s and have zero interference. I run the transom mount ducer on a shield and saver but do not have an onboard charger.

7. Member
    You could just disconnect the onboard charger when you fish and reconnect it when you get home. Small inconvenience compared to spending money. My 2sense. Lol
    1989 Stratos 179V
    1989 Evinrude V4 140hp
    Solix 10 G2 SI @ Console
    Helix 7 @ Console
    Solix 12 G1 @ Bow

8. Member
    One of the many possibilities. Getting a 360 and praying it won’t have bloody interference when I’m using the motor

9. Member
    This wire thing , (choke) took it all away perfect picture not the ducer seen here just the choke it gets connected to your battery charger that connects to your starter battery

10. Member
    Anyone know if the new Ultrex with the built in DI transducer has or doesn't have any interference issues?

11. Member
    I know 2 people that have the mdi built in. One on a Terrova and one on an Ultrex. Neither have had interference.
    1989 Stratos 179V
    1989 Evinrude V4 140hp
    Solix 10 G2 SI @ Console
    Helix 7 @ Console
    Solix 12 G1 @ Bow

12. Member
    Well see if my my 360 and ultrex play nice together!

Yes.

14. Member
    Can anyone post a link to a choke for the charger wire going to the starter battery. I want to make sure i am purchasing the correct item

I did. My images are clear as spring water now. I will get interference if I have both the Helix 10 and the 7 and the old Lowrance in the console on sonar at the same time but that's to be expected and not necessary.

Here's my whole story through this problem.... http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....stions+that+HB
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.