Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    Unless they ditch the 2 stroke eventually they have no future but I do not expect them to go under any time soon.
    Why should they ditch the two stroke, the G2 has the best emissions of any of the other brands, these guys seen all that coming years ago and were prepared for it. Mercury and Yam lost the two stroke because of emissions. BRP is in great shape for the future and doing rather well the last few years, they have a heck of a product that is on fire in the market place. They aren't going any place anytime soon

^exactly. Why is the 2 stroke on its way out? Seems to me theyre the only ones smart enough to make one work in todays world. Theyre not behind the times- going to a 4 stroke was from lack of engineering and testing, most likely due to no money for research and development from the other companies.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

3. Member
    All the positives I keep hearing are what turned me to Evinrude. For anyone here who thinks I am doing the trolling you can go choke yourself. I am simply asking if anyone else had heard rumblings.

I have been a rude fan for quite some time and have been looking for the right opportunity to get the shot at 1 and have at least one more shot with the 2 stroke game. I was shocked as I was fishing with a Rude tech last weekend who stated "in 24 months they wont be on the market anymore." Honestly, I just took it that he was sour about some bad luck he had with his engine and that was all. Two days ago I hear from a Dealer/tech that says just over 2 years Evinrude is getting out of the outboard game and focusing back to jet propulsion. Made a statement about lower unit issues and then said he can't talk about anymore of it.

Hearing it once I was able to blow it off but twice in 1 week is just strange to me. I too would think that if Evinrude had the plan to stop selling outboards less than 5 people in the world would know about it. Or at least thats how I would handle it. You never can tell with some of these companies though.
    -2016 Phoenix 721 250 Pro XS
    -Old Rig-2006 Triton TR-196 200HP Optimax

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerRodney View Post
    Why should they ditch the two stroke, the G2 has the best emissions of any of the other brands, these guys seen all that coming years ago and were prepared for it. Mercury and Yam lost the two stroke because of emissions. BRP is in great shape for the future and doing rather well the last few years, they have a heck of a product that is on fire in the market place. They aren't going any place anytime soon
    I agree with every word.Why would they even think about ditching the two stroke.Heck I have a 2010 150ho that has zero smoke,super quiet,uses very little oil,great on fuel and have had zero problems since day one with close to 400 hours running time.They have no reason to close shop.jmo
    "keep your blood thin,you will live longer"

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    Unless they ditch the 2 stroke eventually they have no future but I do not expect them to go under any time soon.
    heck why don’t they build 4 strokes then they would sell like the rest.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by XChris1632X View Post
    All the positives I keep hearing are what turned me to Evinrude. For anyone here who thinks I am doing the trolling you can go choke yourself. I am simply asking if anyone else had heard rumblings.

I have been a rude fan for quite some time and have been looking for the right opportunity to get the shot at 1 and have at least one more shot with the 2 stroke game. I was shocked as I was fishing with a Rude tech last weekend who stated "in 24 months they wont be on the market anymore." Honestly, I just took it that he was sour about some bad luck he had with his engine and that was all. Two days ago I hear from a Dealer/tech that says just over 2 years Evinrude is getting out of the outboard game and focusing back to jet propulsion. Made a statement about lower unit issues and then said he can't talk about anymore of it.

Hearing it once I was able to blow it off but twice in 1 week is just strange to me. I too would think that if Evinrude had the plan to stop selling outboards less than 5 people in the world would know about it. Or at least thats how I would handle it. You never can tell with some of these companies though.
    I'm not doubting you heard that, but lower units are the most simple part of an outboard. Just gears and shafts. Easiest thing to fix if there was a problem. Just doesn`t make much sense considering how strong the motors are and how well they are selling.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by motomania View Post
    -
    A couple of these complaints surfaced shortly after the G2 came out and I believe it was found to be improper rigging/setup by local dealers.
    -
    Folks with properly rigged/setup G2’s seem to sing the praises. I’d be surprised if Evinrude is getting out of the outboard biz. Sounds like the typical internet pot stirring.
    Wasn't a rigging issue, a friend of mine has one of the first 200HP G2's and it had steering issues. After 3 months of trouble shooting from the factory engineers it was discovered that a set of O-rings where installed incorrectly during assembly ar the factory. Hasn't had a bit of trouble since.
    John the Garage Doorman

8. Member
    All the positives I keep hearing are what turned me to Evinrude.......................................... ..................... Two days ago I hear from a Dealer/tech that says just over 2 years Evinrude is getting out of the outboard game and focusing back to jet propulsion. Made a statement about lower unit issues and then said he can't talk about anymore of it. ........................................
    Deletions by this poster: Jet drives kill 30% of an outboard's power. Doesn't make sense an industry that gets sales by boasting about power and efficiency would consider pursuing an issue like this.
    There's a fish here somewhere.

9. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    BRP Is only part of the main company that manufactures planes and trains etc......

10. Banned
    I'm not saying this is true, or that the G2 isn't a great motor for the bass boat set, or that sales aren't great (I don't know the answer to that one) but.......
    People! BRP/Evinrude is a business!
    All the love for a particular motor means nothing if the sales aren't high enough to justify continued production. The cruiser and saltwater boaters don't want a 2-stroke.

11. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Heard from 2 different dealers/techs in 1 week span that Evinrude is getting out of the outboard business in less than 2 years. Going to focus more on the other ventures. Anyone else hear this? I was looking to buy a G2.
    Should have waited until Monday for this large announcement.

He is correct to some point BRP is shedding the Evinrude name and going with Bombardier Marine. They will continue the G2 line thru 2025

13. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    My sources tell me the big announcement comes 2 weeks from monday

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Well that's just great, something else the negative nancy's can weigh in on!!

2 pages of unverified gossip because none of us really knows what Evinrude or BRP is going to do tomorrow, or next week, or next year. And if they were truly someone high enough up in the BRP food chain to actually know they wouldn’t be announcing it on BBC.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    2 pages of unverified gossip because none of us really knows what Evinrude or BRP is going to do tomorrow, or next week, or next year. And if they were truly someone high enough up in the BRP food chain to actually know they wouldn’t be announcing it on BBC.
    I'm guessing a couple people are high enough in the food chain to know something is being announced soon. Seems to me that in the past some of the members credibility has been verified through these types of things. I don't think they are all lucky guesses. I think it's also possible that a member can know something for fact and not divulge it out of respect for a companies wishes. Most members are probably like me and not in the biz so we can only surmise. I think sometimes people are arrogant and think that because they are not privy then it ain't true.

Quote Originally Posted by Rangerdawg View Post
    Oh and in annual sales I believe BRP is bigger then Mercury so not biting on this troll
    Not that I necessarily belive this rumor but you would need to look at their outboard sales alone. Mercury doesm’t make anything but outboards so BRP’s annual sales is not the right comparison.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

18. Member
    might be true,i stopped at a shell station to take a leak and there it was, right on the wall even had the number to call lol

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buster502 View Post
    might be true,i stopped at a shell station to take a leak and there it was, right on the wall even had the number to call lol

Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    I'm guessing a couple people are high enough in the food chain to know something is being announced soon. Seems to me that in the past some of the members credibility has been verified through these types of things. I don't think they are all lucky guesses. I think it's also possible that a member can know something for fact and not divulge it out of respect for a companies wishes. Most members are probably like me and not in the biz so we can only surmise. I think sometimes people are arrogant and think that because they are not privy then it ain't true.
    I’m one of those members. I’m not in the business either. Someone on here may be high enough up the BRP ladder to know, but I wouldn’t think they would keep that position for long if they’re sharing company strategy through unofficial channels before a big announcement.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast