Humminbird 12 issues

At the Consol I have a Helix 12 chirp SI GPS G1 software version 1.150 . At the front I have a Helix 9 chirp mega DI GPS software version 1.540 it’s a G2N. The problem is my Deppe reading jumps around on the two units The units will say I’m in 74 feet of water when I’m in 2 to 3 feet actually . The helix 12 worked fine until I added the trolling motor mega transducer to the Helix 9. I know there was some discussion about turning something on and turning something off any help would be greatly appreciate it .

Do you run the H12 when you are at the bow so you can share SI to the DI unit?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Yes sir I leave both units on at all times .

Does the bow depth screw up when the console unit is off?

Does the console unit screw up when the trolling motor is not deployed or off?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    Question number one . Yes I believe I did turn The consul unit off and the bow unit still gave me false readings . I had the consul unit on the boat first and everything worked great I added the helix 9 gen 2 and put a mega transducer on the trolling motor that’s when I started seeing the problems. The answer to your second question is yes when I pick the trolling motor up to move to a new spot the depth on the consul unit helix 12 will start jumping around .

It seems you are having the depth issues that were caused by newer software versions. Since it is already doing that, install the current software in both units.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

7. Member
    OK that’s what I was afraid of did I read somewhere on here they’re working on new software to fix that issue ? I like the way everything else is working I don’t know what the new software will give me But I understand what you’re saying

8. Member
    I am also having problems with my console unit reading wrong depths and jumping back and forth. No networking